A Bible verse for the super bowl...

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
Daniel 8:5-7

5 As I was thinking about this, suddenly a goat with a prominent horn between its eyes came from the west, crossing the whole earth without touching the ground. 6 It came toward the two-horned ram I had seen standing beside the canal and charged at it in great rage. 7 I saw it attack the ram furiously, striking the ram and shattering its two horns. The ram was powerless to stand against it; the goat knocked it to the ground and trampled on it, and none could rescue the ram from its power.

sc jacket 22

Jolly Good Fellow
Daniel 8:5-7

5 As I was thinking about this, suddenly a goat with a prominent horn between its eyes came from the west, crossing the whole earth without touching the ground. 6 It came toward the two-horned ram I had seen standing beside the canal and charged at it in great rage. 7 I saw it attack the ram furiously, striking the ram and shattering its two horns. The ram was powerless to stand against it; the goat knocked it to the ground and trampled on it, and none could rescue the ram from its power.
Your pastor really stretched for a sermon illustration this morning, huh? Ha ha

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The poetic verbiage of a flying 1 horned ram takes me back to the " One eyed, One horned, flying purple people eater".

I was thinking this was about our new defense - blitz the MLB and spy the saf.

Superbowl is lame.

I was a fan of the purple people eaters and the rest of the Vikings back in the day ... while I was too young to know that Fran was a mutt.

Deleted member 2897

Revelation 20:7

And when the thousand years are ended Satan will be released from his prison and will come out to deceive the nations of the earth. And they marched up over the broad plain of the earth and surrounded the camp of the saints and the beloved city, but fire came down from heaven and consumed them and the devil who had deceived them was thrown into the lake of fire and sulfur where the beast and the false prophet were, and they will be tormented day and night forever and ever.

Clearly this means Coach Belichek came out and cheated to win and fooled the world for a period of time. His fellow demons from hell (the Refs) surrounded the poor Saints and cast them from the annals of history. However, the Rams from heaven in the end cast Satan into hell where he then retired forever to live in infamy to be tormented forever. I'm not sure what the reference to sulfur is, but I have had bad gas today.