92.9 the game

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I listen to a lot of sports talk, and don't have a problem with anyone calling in, it is just entertainment, but I don't call in and I don't know many other white collar workers that call into sports talk shows either. I think it's typically a different crowd than the average Georgia Tech crowd. That was my point.

I understand ;) I generally listen on my drive in the afternoon and have called from time to time and I'm definitely white collar :ROFLMAO:

SolicitorJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
The thing is, the number of callers has little ir nothing to do with it. Sportstalk radio takes a fraction of callers than they used to. Their content is what is known as talent driven, meaning they discuss what the hosts and producers believe will hold the most listeners.

Their treatment of Tech is based upon 2 things: First, their research surveys which show very low interest for Tech football with sportstalk listeners in the Atlanta area when compared to UGA and other SEC schools.
Second, in order to appeal to the huge UGA fanbase, they cant simply ignore Tech, they have to take shots at the program at regular intervals. The UGA narrative concerning Tech for years is to generally ignore us 51 weeks of the year unless there is a shot to be taken.

Sportalk stations desperately want those red and black ears so they have adopted that narrative in order to show that they are in on the joke.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
The thing is, the number of callers has little ir nothing to do with it. Sportstalk radio takes a fraction of callers than they used to. Their content is what is known as talent driven, meaning they discuss what the hosts and producers believe will hold the most listeners.

Their treatment of Tech is based upon 2 things: First, their research surveys which show very low interest for Tech football with sportstalk listeners in the Atlanta area when compared to UGA and other SEC schools.
Second, in order to appeal to the huge UGA fanbase, they cant simply ignore Tech, they have to take shots at the program at regular intervals. The UGA narrative concerning Tech for years is to generally ignore us 51 weeks of the year unless there is a shot to be taken.

Sportalk stations desperately want those red and black ears so they have adopted that narrative in order to show that they are in on the joke.

Not a bad definition, on certain levels, of a whore.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don't even get mad at the mindless radio guys anymore. I get mad at y'all for continuing to listen to the clowns.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I like Duke & Bell, I'm fine with them. Now Rick Kamla is the worst. I can't believe they've allowed this guy on the radio for this long. Dude is an idiot.

lol Kamla gets clowned on NBARadio too. It's pretty funny considering that's his supposed area of expertise.

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't stand Buck Belue. His radio presence is pitiful.

I have never found him to bring anything insightful to the conversation. Quit listening to him long ago. He certainly has a role in the market, it just doesn't include anything resembling objective, in-depth analysis.