92.9 The Game

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Well I listen pretty much everyday (today's music is pretty trash) and the biggest issue:

1) They cant relate to anything Tech. Whether that's the fan base, the coaches, or the offense. So it's hard to put something into words if you can't express it.
2) There are no callers who will bust those myths or stereotypes they project to listeners.
3) The Tech people or staffers who do come are not gushing about Tech. I remember Quinlan being on there and all I could do was shake my head.
4) Finally, WE HAVE TO WIN AND FORCE THE MEDIA TO TALK ABOUT US!!!

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
. Lets be real for a moment. Since I have started liking GT I have run into over 50 total ******* UGA fans missing teeth and driving rust buckets. Your thinking about people who actually graduated. The vast majority of people you see wearing UGA ( Walmart ) clothes prob did not grad from highschool. People who actually work for a living don't have time to listen to those dumbass radio jocks. They are playing to their uneducated fan base. Just this past Friday I was waiting for a table at a Logan's in Gainesville. If I had a camera and took a picture of what was wearing UGA clothes, it would like a episode of swamp people visit the Alaska bush family. No one is saying if you graduated from UGA that your a dumbass. I did and do ok. The fact remains that the majority of people " pulling for the dawgs" are not the type who can relate to a Engieering school. Do yourself a favor and just don't listen. They are playing to their audience. Screw them. I will tell them they suck next time I see them set up at a GT event. Two faced losers. They kiss *** when interviewing live. You would think they would praise GT but they slam GT every chance they get. They are just like the majority of people who listen to them. F them. Go Javkets !
Careful Mac. You're going to have Uga turning in his grave!

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
92.9 is the only sports talk i ever listen to, their saving grace is that they talk Pro sports 90% of the time. Every since ugag hired Smart they have all been swinging off his nuts like tarzan, but if things go south for him they will turn on him. Kamla and Bell gave richt hell on the air last year.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Back when Bobinski left, they talked about GT a lot. They had someone on (I think Mike Kaunty, or however you spell it) discuss the limitations at Tech. He was actually very objective and gave very good explanations as to why Stanford is an anomaly and why GT has such large obstacles. One of the things was the 2 semesters of calculus and 2 semesters of calculus based science labs. One person texted in, presumably a GT alumni, that they don't want to see that gone. That student athletes should face the same struggles as the regular students. It was after this that the host (not Mike) said he doesn't hold a bias. He wants both GT and uga to go 11-0 every year. But he wants to talk about "winners," and GT isn't serious about being competitive with talk like that. That's why he said he doesn't talk about them much.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Back when Bobinski left, they talked about GT a lot. They had someone on (I think Mike Kaunty, or however you spell it) discuss the limitations at Tech. He was actually very objective and gave very good explanations as to why Stanford is an anomaly and why GT has such large obstacles. One of the things was the 2 semesters of calculus and 2 semesters of calculus based science labs. One person texted in, presumably a GT alumni, that they don't want to see that gone. That student athletes should face the same struggles as the regular students. It was after this that the host (not Mike) said he doesn't hold a bias. He wants both GT and uga to go 11-0 every year. But he wants to talk about "winners," and GT isn't serious about being competitive with talk like that. That's why he said he doesn't talk about them much.

Talk like that makes me glad I don't listen to any of those clowns anymore. I understand his perspective. As far as he's concerned, it's just entertainment. No different than all the pro teams. Just something to watch on TV in between his reality shows.

For me, the fact that these guys are in school only enhances the deal. Clown majors and pushing guys along just because they can ball are turn-offs for me. Maybe I'm the dummy.

first&ten

Ramblin' Wreck
. Lets be real for a moment. Since I have started liking GT I have run into over 50 total ******* UGA fans missing teeth and driving rust buckets. Your thinking about people who actually graduated. The vast majority of people you see wearing UGA ( Walmart ) clothes prob did not grad from highschool. People who actually work for a living don't have time to listen to those dumbass radio jocks. They are playing to their uneducated fan base. Just this past Friday I was waiting for a table at a Logan's in Gainesville. If I had a camera and took a picture of what was wearing UGA clothes, it would like a episode of swamp people visit the Alaska bush family. No one is saying if you graduated from UGA that your a dumbass. I did and do ok. The fact remains that the majority of people " pulling for the dawgs" are not the type who can relate to a Engieering school. Do yourself a favor and just don't listen. They are playing to their audience. Screw them. I will tell them they suck next time I see them set up at a GT event. Two faced losers. They kiss *** when interviewing live. You would think they would praise GT but they slam GT every chance they get. They are just like the majority of people who listen to them. F them. Go Javkets !
No flea, don't call them names or insult them. That just reinforces their opinion of Tech fans and they will just relay to the listners.Don't get on their level!