92.9 Talking GT During 11 hour for the whole Hour

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I tuned in at 11:40 and haven't heard any GT talk at all for the last 20 minutes. Did they do it the first half of the hour?

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I tuned in at 11:40 and haven't heard any GT talk at all for the last 20 minutes. Did they do it the first half of the hour?

It started at 11. They began by interviewing the play by play guy from UT. Then they talked about it, and they talked about CPJ comments from the press conference. They ripped Paul for not wanting to be there. I don't think CPJ ever called in.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
It started at 11. They began by interviewing the play by play guy from UT. Then they talked about it, and they talked about CPJ comments from the press conference. They ripped Paul for not wanting to be there. I don't think CPJ ever called in.
Sounds pretty stupid. I wonder if CPJ stood them up or something.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
This morning on the John Fricke show the other guy kept saying he was taking Florida over GT. It was Hugh Douglas, he didnt even know who we were playing. Sports talk in the ATL is really a joke

Hugh douglas. Lol. Ever hear him on that show. His IQ cant be above 80. I listen to him in the mornings on occasion when I need to feel good about myself lol. How someone that dumb keeps their job is beyond me.

Milwaukee

Banned
This morning on the John Fricke show the other guy kept saying he was taking Florida over GT. It was Hugh Douglas, he didnt even know who we were playing. Sports talk in the ATL is really a joke

It's so confusing to me that sports talk, especially cfb talk, is sooooo bad in Atlanta. It's the center of the cfb universe imo.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Atlanta has to have the worst radio sports talk of any major metro area in the country. The thought that it could get any worse is just mind boggling. Not possible.
In partial defense, I'd point out that sports talk radio is a festering pit in every city in the country. True, Atlanta sports talk is at the bottom of that pit, but there's plenty of competition for the hole.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Most people who want sports talk shows don't want the local ones they want the Fox/ESPN/Sirius national shows. That leaves a very small part of the demographic for the local which is why they usually suck.

BobintheATL99

Jolly Good Fellow
It was ~8 minutes of insightful commentary from a Tennessee radio crew member, 6:37 seconds of canned comments from the press conference of Paul and background commentary, an anonymous comment by a random UGA fan about there being 6 minutes too much talk about Tech, then the moved on to talking about Houston and their plight in sports. I turned it off soon after that. Wish they would have picked up Kelly or someone else associated with Tech reporting. They would have done a better job. I wonder if Paul was actually supposed to call in or something.

Bennett

Jolly Good Fellow
I listened for a bit and it was nothing but back handed comments and references to the press conference from yesterday. The announcers were telling UGA fans who were texting in and complaining that Tech actually has a bigger game this weekend than UGA so they were obligated to talk about us.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
It's so confusing to me that sports talk, especially cfb talk, is sooooo bad in Atlanta. It's the center of the cfb universe imo.
We drive 5 hrs to the game and really enjoy the whole gt thing. We also take time to enjoy the city - Sweet ga juke joint, fox, aquarium, etc.
We always see fans from other teams .
Atl is a great draw for our program.

Andrew

Georgia Tech Fan
I tuned in, I didn't think they were overly condescending in their comments or anything, just not overly knowledgeable about the program. They talked for a little bit about the Tech fans they have talked to to who aren't fans of the offense but that it get the job done, etc. etc.
I honestly wonder all of these talk radio guys find these "fans" that they speak to that know better than the coaches how to run a program.