9/13/14

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by IronJacket7, Feb 10, 2014.

1. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

Mark this date down on your calendars. This won't be an easy game. Not saying we lose but Georgia Southern will show up. Plus it will also be an exciting game to see these two offenses go head to head.

Brian Johnson likes this.
  2. Techster

Techster Helluva Engineer

Remember, GSU has a new coach, and he's talked about how he will run a system comparative to Auburn's. There will be some growing pains for that staff and GSU.

Will be interesting to see what develops down there.

3. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

I am also looking forward to this game.

I honestly think people are over estimating them.

4. poodleface

poodleface Ramblin' Wreck

If we had a different coach, I might be worried that GT would look past Southern, but CPJ won't want to lose to his former team.

5. Sean311

Sean311 Helluva Engineer

We put up 50+ on them...mark it down

poodleface, GT Man and Brian Johnson like this.
  6. UgaBlows

UgaBlows Helluva Engineer

Our defense will clobber them

7. techman78

techman78 Helluva Engineer

I hope everyone is right that we clobber these guys but im sure they will show up with the mindset that they can beat us. They always play the mutts tough at least for 2 or 2 1/2 quarters. Ido think they will experience some growing pains on O though. They are more talented than Elon, Alabama St, Presbyterian though. I wouldnt expect any 60 point win against those guys.

8. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Different offense now. They run a run oriented spread out of the gun/pistol, but he runs the triple option out of it.

Sam Houston State vs Cal Poly

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
  9. alaguy

alaguy Helluva Engineer

It is not a "gimmee" game.

10. johncu

johncu Ramblin' Wreck

This. Although I do think that we will blast them. Ever since the Gardner-Webb game without any QB's, we have absolutely destroyed teams of that caliber.

bat_082994 likes this.
  11. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

I know its a different offense but still lots of option based material.

12. LargeFO

LargeFO Helluva Engineer

I would put mtsu in that category.

13. MacDaddy2

MacDaddy2 Ramblin' Wreck

I don't think they will win given their change at HC. That said if we lost it would be the end of the CPJ era.

14. Brian Johnson

Brian Johnson Ramblin' Wreck

I say we win by 17+

15. Minawreck

Minawreck Helluva Engineer

I'm getting sick and tired of people talking about this game being hard. We win 50+ to Under 10.

Blumpkin Souffle and poodleface like this.
  16. gtwin

gtwin Jolly Good Fellow

As a GT fan, there is no such thing as a gimme!

17. MySouthernJacket

MySouthernJacket Ramblin' Wreck

So you are comparing Georgia Southern to Gardner-Webb? Haha you can't be serious... Don't be surprised when we come into Atlanta and win.

18. Minawreck

Minawreck Helluva Engineer

I can't speak for him, but I won't. I'll be dead because I'll have killed myself. We're not last year's Florida team or the other 4 teams Southern lost to either. Don't be surprised when your team is embarassed.

19. MySouthernJacket

MySouthernJacket Ramblin' Wreck

I am not expecting a win but in no way do I think we will be embarrassed. It's cool though, we love being the underdogs... I will be there to cheer on my eagles!

20. swampsting

swampsting Helluva Engineer

It will be a really good setting and a great atmosphere. But ... Southern lost a lot of good guys from last year's team, McKinnon, Bryant, some good linemen and maybe the best players on an underperforming defense. The Ramsby kid is supposed to be legit at QB and was in line to start last year until he got hurt. Ellison played well last year too but if Swope ain't in the lineup, I just don't see Southern having enough in the backfield to make a difference. Swope is a man.