9/13/14

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Mark this date down on your calendars. This won't be an easy game. Not saying we lose but Georgia Southern will show up. Plus it will also be an exciting game to see these two offenses go head to head.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Mark this date down on your calendars. This won't be an easy game. Not saying we lose but Georgia Southern will show up. Plus it will also be an exciting game to see these two offenses go head to head.

Remember, GSU has a new coach, and he's talked about how he will run a system comparative to Auburn's. There will be some growing pains for that staff and GSU.

Will be interesting to see what develops down there.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I am also looking forward to this game.

I honestly think people are over estimating them.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
I hope everyone is right that we clobber these guys but im sure they will show up with the mindset that they can beat us. They always play the mutts tough at least for 2 or 2 1/2 quarters. Ido think they will experience some growing pains on O though. They are more talented than Elon, Alabama St, Presbyterian though. I wouldnt expect any 60 point win against those guys.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Different offense now. They run a run oriented spread out of the gun/pistol, but he runs the triple option out of it.

Sam Houston State vs Cal Poly

Last edited:

MySouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This. Although I do think that we will blast them. Ever since the Gardner-Webb game without any QB's, we have absolutely destroyed teams of that caliber.

So you are comparing Georgia Southern to Gardner-Webb? Haha you can't be serious... Don't be surprised when we come into Atlanta and win.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
So you are comparing Georgia Southern to Gardner-Webb? Haha you can't be serious... Don't be surprised when we come into Atlanta and win.
I can't speak for him, but I won't. I'll be dead because I'll have killed myself. We're not last year's Florida team or the other 4 teams Southern lost to either. Don't be surprised when your team is embarassed.

MySouthernJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I can't speak for him, but I won't. I'll be dead because I'll have killed myself. We're not last year's Florida team or the other 4 teams Southern lost to either. Don't be surprised when your team is embarassed.

I am not expecting a win but in no way do I think we will be embarrassed. It's cool though, we love being the underdogs... I will be there to cheer on my eagles!

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
It will be a really good setting and a great atmosphere. But ... Southern lost a lot of good guys from last year's team, McKinnon, Bryant, some good linemen and maybe the best players on an underperforming defense. The Ramsby kid is supposed to be legit at QB and was in line to start last year until he got hurt. Ellison played well last year too but if Swope ain't in the lineup, I just don't see Southern having enough in the backfield to make a difference. Swope is a man.