83 Schollies

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Brigham (concussions) and Preddy (PT) have left the team. Benson is "greyshirting" to rehab his torn ACL, so we're at 83 scholly's right now.

So, this begs the question: do we use those two scholarships on 1-year grad transfers or reward upperclassmen walk-ons?

Edit: looks like @Frenchise had the same idea while I was drafting my post. Mods can combine or delete this one, if they wish.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Give Willis a scholarship.

ok so he isn't on one now? Yeah i think he will contribute alot...my guess is he gets one during fall camp

still leaves a slot open...probably no other transfers worth a look, but maybe getting another BB would be wise

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think we should put 2 Tech athletes from another sport on football scholarship for a year. There are certainly some kids getting partial or nothing that deserve the aid.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think we should put 2 Tech athletes from another sport on football scholarship for a year. There are certainly some kids getting partial or nothing that deserve the aid.

huh? so lets put 2 swimmers on football scholarship who never take one snap? I would rather burn it on two walkons that deserve it and bust their *** each day than some kid from another sport who has no hope to contribute. Believe me...we have like 15 walkons that deserve it more than a kid from the tennis team.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Jabari is not back on scholarship yet. If he becomes eligible I would guess it's him and Willis
I didn't realize Willis' status as a walk-on. And Jabari should get the other.

The mood among fans right now is very different than a year ago. For me, things seem to be moving in exactly the right direction.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Jabari is not back on scholarship yet. If he becomes eligible I would guess it's him and Willis
still leaves one open maybe 2

JHD was being accounted for I believe, then you add Skov.

Benson ship is delayed IIRC
2 players leave

total of minus 3....add in Skov....

If JHD was accounted for we have 2 slots. If he wasn't we have 1 slot...

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
There's also nothing at all wrong with holding onto a ship for next year. We have a very small class next year.

you can put a walkon on a 1 year ship....and I think we do that, then pull it for next year. That way its not a waste and someone at least gets one year benefit....

I hope we can find another BB transfer :)

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
you can put a walkon on a 1 year ship....and I think we do that, then pull it for next year. That way its not a waste and someone at least gets one year benefit....

I hope we can find another BB transfer :)
Well yeah. No point in sitting on scholly money for no reason. Don't we typically give the "extra" ships to sr walkons? What if the underclassman "temporary scholly" walkon earns it on the field, do you still pull it to add to the next class? What would you consider earning it?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Well yeah. No point in sitting on scholly money for no reason. Don't we typically give the "extra" ships to sr walkons? What if the underclassman "temporary scholly" walkon earns it on the field, do you still pull it to add to the next class? What would you consider earning it?
That's why I wondered about a grad transfer. That's only a 1 year deal, regardless. Walk-ons that "earn it" are based on the coaches' opinions.