790/The Zone dumps local sports programming

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Jason Goff was too intelligent for his listeners ..
I hate to say it like that, but yeah.
I like Jamie, but if Rick isn't talking NBA he's horrible. He has this fake love affair with the SEC too.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Kinda funny how we differ in opinion on these shows. I never liked 790 till the Barnhart n Durham show. That was great radio and my all time favorite sports talk show.
The stews were entertaining but I just couldn't follow them daily,
Archer n Bell was actually decent to me surprisingly.
As for 680....I detest Ruud, chuck, n chernoff. Any show involving them is radio sewage.
I really like Buck n Kinkaid. I know Buck is a mutt but I find his commentary to be very knowledgeable and unbiased.
Sandra n Finneran are ok only...steak is awful.

GTFan62

Jolly Good Fellow
I listened to 790 all the time until they started carrying Colin Cowherd during the day. What a horrible voice to listen too for hours during the day. I liked Archer and Bell but all they talked about when I tuned in was the Falcons. Very little Braves talk. I do listen to 680 now but cringe whenever they sing the praises of UGA. Buck Beleu has not business being a talk show host. His weird vocal patterns get on my last nerve.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
92.9 is dog crap. Randy Cross refused to preview the ACC since it wasn't football. Bunch of self-righteous ....
I agree with this assessment of 92.9. I tried listening to them, but turned them off when the discussion about SEC expanding and possibly taking 1-2 ACC teams, and one of their on-air folks stated (and his co-hosts agreed) that the only ACC football teams the SEC would be interested in were North Carolina and Notre Dame. I thought "idiots", changed the channel, and have never listened to them again.

Jason Goff was too intelligent for his listeners ..
I hate to say it like that, but yeah.
I like Jamie, but if Rick isn't talking NBA he's horrible. He has this fake love affair with the SEC too.
Thats actually a really good way to say that. A lot of times callers would get angry not realizing he was messing with them...

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
I listened to 790 all the time until they started carrying Colin Cowherd during the day. What a horrible voice to listen too for hours during the day. I liked Archer and Bell but all they talked about when I tuned in was the Falcons. Very little Braves talk. I do listen to 680 now but cringe whenever they sing the praises of UGA. Buck Beleu has not business being a talk show host. His weird vocal patterns get on my last nerve.

You never had to suffer through Buck doing a local TV sportscast, as we did down here Savannah way.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I detest 680 so I'm forced to listen to 92.9.
How 790 could have botched it up this bad.
I was mostly a lurker on a radio forum that had a bunch of ATL radio old timers (mostly engineers, board oprators, etc and a few DJ's from years past) on it a few years back before a software changeover for them. 790 regularly became a topic and no one could understand their business model
You never had to suffer through Buck doing a local TV sportscast, as we did down here Savannah way.

There's no telling what that ex-QB would be doing if it was not for Hershel Walker.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
680 humor really meshes with mine, more than the other stations. Their uga homorism does really get annoying and I usually switch back to music for their uga segments. I do like their take on braves and falcons though. For me, they make Atlanta traffic more bearable. Chuck and chernoff have gotten a little better over the past year towards Tech after they realized that CPJ wasn't just a miserly old guy, and I really enjoy their interviews with Bobinski even if they are like 30 seconds.