680 the fan

Eli

Helluva Engineer
On my days off I pretty much listen to them all day and I get a kick out of them making up playoff scenarios for uga getting in. Pretty much writing us off as a win, keep overlooking us it's going to make it that much sweeter

thwgjacket

On my days off I pretty much listen to them all day and I get a kick out of them making up playoff scenarios for uga getting in. Pretty much writing us off as a win, keep overlooking us it's going to make it that much sweeter
If USCe beats UF this weekend both those teams will likely finish 6-6. UGA is not getting in with 2 bad losses like that. Plus they still have to beat Auburn.

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
UGA is out of the playoff's not matter which way you cut it. They have two exceptionally bad losses on their schedule. Even a 2 loss Michigan State would get in before UGA will with their losses being to Oregon and Ohio State.

Plus, UGA with Hutson Mason ain't getting past Auburn or an SEC west team. Mizzou still has to lose. There is no guarantee UGA will even win the East, they don't control their own destiny.

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
Some on 680 keep saying that uga could still make the play off if they win out, winning the SEC in the process. They argue they should be considered since they would be a 2-loss team that won the SEC which is better than a 1-loss team from another conference. My question to them is the same one I ask my uga friends/fast-food-clerks--if Tech were to win out, beat uga (but uga still won the SEC), and Tech were to win the ACC, should GT be chosen for the playoffs, especially since they had beaten the SEC champ. They usually just scoff and say of course not, but then I point out to them that if they think uga should be included, then why shouldn't Tech be chosen if the above scenario were to happen. Their responses are usually something like "huh", "I don't understand", or "do you want fries, too?" I'm not saying the stars will align for us like that (although it would be great if they did). I just enjoy watching watching dwags heads explode as they try to follow the reasoning.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
UGA has lost to a 4-5 South Carolina and a mediocre Florida. How in God's name does that merit inclusion into the football Final Four? Even if they got to the SECCG and pull a win out of their backsides, you can't just put them in the playoff field by fiat. Though it would be nice to see them get absolutely dumptrucked by Oregon or Ohio State, something that shows them they really, really don't belong.

Tdippp

Ramblin' Wreck
UGA has lost to a 4-5 South Carolina and a mediocre Florida. How in God's name does that merit inclusion into the football Final Four? Even if they got to the SECCG and pull a win out of their backsides, you can't just put them in the playoff field by fiat. Though it would be nice to see them get absolutely dumptrucked by Oregon or Ohio State, something that shows them they really, really don't belong.
But they're in the SEC, how is that possible?!?!:ROFLMAO:

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
Was listening to either The Game or The Fan (no difference really) and they were discussing the potential for NO SEC teams in the top 4. If that happens, the ST butthurt futures will go through the roof.

AtWork

Jolly Good Fellow
What is crazy about the uga getting into the playoffs talk is if we win out our two losses are better than theirs. We lost to a ranked team, not at the time, and a unc team that really is coming into its on offensively. Even if unc beats duke, which i hope happens, and Duke loses one more...our losses are still better than theirs. They lost to teams that are not that good right now. I really don't think the sec east would play well in any conference to be honest. But that is crazy talk...sec would go undefeated in any conference outside the sec...so they say.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
Before the FL game UGA had a shot at a playoff berth. They had to get past Auburn and win the SECCG (possible with Gurley in the backfield) but it was doable. They really benefit from the West beating themselves up in the regular season.

But the loss to FL killed that dream. Even if the run the table now they are not getting in.

DaddyBill

Jolly Good Fellow
UGag will NOT be in the playoffs even if the SECwest wipes each other out over the last three weeks and the mutts beat a broken down rep from the other side. Too many good teams in front of them...Oregami, TCU, Baylor, Ohio and Zona Sts. and what will probably be a 1-loss Criminiole team, after Saturday night. You can take that to the bank!