680 Boosting CGC and Georgia Tech Tomorrow

Joeb21

Jolly Good Fellow
Steak Shapiro said George O'Leary was the head coach in 2007 when we had our best recruiting class of all time. He also referred to our rivalry with UGA as "Good Old Fashioned Hate"
I only listened to about 15 minutes. Here are some takeaways.
Zach Quinney has put on 18 lbs and is doing a great job
Our starting O-line averaged 274 pounds last year against UGA. They are now up around 290
Tyler Davis was a fantastic addition and has really helped change the culture
When Coach Collins first met Tyler Cooksey, Tyler told him he was a TE
The previous spring game attendace record was around 18,000. Looking to shatter that record on Friday.
Coach said we are in the top 15 in recruiting and there is more good news on the way

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Steak Shapiro said George O'Leary was the head coach in 2007 when we had our best recruiting class of all time. He also referred to our rivalry with UGA as "Good Old Fashioned Hate"
Our starting O-line averaged 274 pounds last year against UGA. They are now up around 290
The previous spring game attendace record was around 18,000. Looking to shatter that record on Friday.
Coach said we are in the top 15 in recruiting and there is more good news on the way
Thanks, anyone have more let us know.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Thanks @Joeb21, so Steaks still in need of heart blessing and it sounds like we're making good progress elsewhere. It will be really interesting if we hold our recruiting ranking up later in the year.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
How does Steak still have a job?

A sports talk host who is neither knowledgeable about sports, nor adept at "talking".

He got his 790 gig because he owned the station and put his obnoxious self on the air. As to how he got hired at 680?? I have to think he must have compromising info on the Dickey Bros.

They all give each other a hard time, but it often seems like the other 680 hosts - particularly Chuck and Chirnoff, who once worked for him at 790- really and truly don't like "Steak".

gtjackets930

Jolly Good Fellow
Only saving grace of that morning show is Brian Finneran, who actually knows what he's talking about and has some really interesting insights. Steak is an a**hole who has no clue what he's talking about and Sandra is mediocre (though she was very complimentary of Collins, which was nice to hear).

Otherwise, interview was a great look for Collins (enthusiastic, very 'on brand' messaging,), but didn't give much additional info that folks on this board haven't heard or read about already. He did mention that good recruiting news was on the way. He hyped up the spring game a bit saying it would be constant energy, spread offense, live DJ with music going the whole time, etc. Overall, it didn't offer much in the way of news, but was certainly a positive look for sidewalk fans and people who tune in for other sports and don't know much about GT.

Buzz1126

Georgia Tech Fan
Atlanta radio needs to step it up. The only 2 personalities i liked (Rick and John) were fired by 929. I dont get it.

I do like Hugh Douglas too, but John Fricke is just meh.

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
CGC was great but man does 680 suuuuck big time

Generally I agree. Especially regarding how pathetic Steak Shapiro is (I don’t care if he loves UGA, I just think he’s a terrible radio host no matter what he’s talking about). However, in the podcast (which sounds like it’s shorter than the whole segment with CGC) I thought the 680 crew actually did a really good job and pumped up GT and were very complimentary. I think they even did a good job asking Geoff about some of his time elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Atlanta radio needs to step it up. The only 2 personalities i liked (Rick and John) were fired by 929. I dont get it.

I do like Hugh Douglas too, but John Fricke is just meh.

Don't count on that. It's been decades and it's been on a freefall the whole time. Bottomless pit?

What we really need to do is scrounge up some werewithall (wherewithall?) to do a Swarm GT podcast. Any of you foo's got talent and time? kg's got one but not the other. :cool: