6-6 overall 4-4 in the ACC

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Again, more locker room postings. One day these writers might realize what presents they are handing to our guys with predictions like this. As CPJ sez "It is what it is".

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
It could happen; shoot, this was about what people were predicting last year. Winning 11 games these days has a lot to do with luck too.

Still, I take comfort that for the last three years we've had doubts going into the season about our skill positions on O and about our D. For the last three years, we've been selected by the majority of the press (but not this year) to about break even. But one of the nice things about playing a system O is that the parts are pretty interchangeable. And our D should be better in the one place it needs it - DL - and about the same otherwise.

But we'll see soon enough.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Believe it or not the worst analysis/prediction I've seen has us winning 11 games. It's not the number that's terrible (obviously) as much as the rationale:
Somebody must really like the Yellow Jackets, because their schedule is about as soft as Charmin. The only kicker is I see Clemson being the only team that can stop this program in the ACC, so I have to give the Yellow Jacket’s success a peak of 11 wins. The key to Georgia Tech making the playoffs is to win their division outright. Anything else might not put enough spotlight on the program to sneak in. Maybe a power-five conference game in their non-conference schedule would of helped their cause, but they can’t do anything about it now.

Interestingly the same preview has a statistical breakdown based off predicted spreads that says 8.38 wins. That seems like the sweet spot between most "expert" predictions.

http://www.boydsbets.com/georgia-tech-football-predictions/

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
I don't understand why experts think Notre Dame will be any good this year. I'm not saying it'll be an easy game for us because ND usually starts every season strong but they are a borderline Top 25 team if that.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
I don't see a single game on our schedule we should lose, doesn't mean we will win them all though. Based on how we played last year and who in particular is returning (OL + stud QB = profit), plus the guys adding in (expect at least one skill position frosh to flash, plus Skov, Bari, and Whitehead), I legitimately believe we are at worst even odds with anyone on the schedule. Now, that doesn't mean the actual spreads will reflect that, just how I feel our actual odds to win those games.

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I don't understand why experts think Notre Dame will be any good this year. I'm not saying it'll be an easy game for us because ND usually starts every season strong but they are a borderline Top 25 team if that.
ND is SEC of independent/acc/big 10/whatever they are.
They will be good no matter what!!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I am not worried about what anyone predicts. We have the talent to go toe to toe with anyone in the country. CPJ and the staff have done a great job with getting the right pieces in the right places. How we ultimately do will come down to leadership, effort, and injuries.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
I am not worried about what anyone predicts. We have the talent to go toe to toe with anyone in the country. CPJ and the staff have done a great job with getting the right pieces in the right places. How we ultimately do will come down to leadership, effort, and injuries.

Perfectly stated. Now let's take it to the field and kick some ***.