5 GT opponents begin year in Top 25

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
A little skeptical about Clemson being #4. Not too sure about Pitt and Ole Miss either. It is hard to replace really great quarterbacks that have carried teams like those two. That said, it is one of the most difficult schedules in the country...again. UNC got 34 votes? Another team losing a great quarterback. UVA and Virginia Tech are transitioning, Duke is well, Duke. The biggest question mark is Miami. They could be a real threat to make the playoffs or do what they do best. IIWII
It feels like UNC is too talented to be too far away from the top 25. Classes rated 12th, 15th, and 11th the past three years is a decent bit of talent on that team. They have two studs at QB battling. They have one of the best WR in college football. They brought in 5 star linemen on both sides this past recruiting class. If they can't win 8+ games then they have a coaching problem. Pitt I think will be fine also. Returning their entire starting OL, their top 3 RB, and adding Slovis and Mumpfield should give them a pretty good offense to go with a pretty good defense. No clue what to expect from Ole Miss. They had so much turnover, its hard to predict where they will be when we play them. They have plenty of talent. Lets hope it takes a bit for them to click.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Ole Miss and Pitt both got big name transfers at QB. Their seasons will likely hinge on how well those transfers merge with their teams and play well. Could go either way.
Big name for sure but the guys they replaced had "BIG" games to go with the big name. As you mention, could go either way. I would like to see Jeff perform behind Pitt's offensive line, it would be a sight to see.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
It feels like UNC is too talented to be too far away from the top 25. Classes rated 12th, 15th, and 11th the past three years is a decent bit of talent on that team. They have two studs at QB battling. They have one of the best WR in college football. They brought in 5 star linemen on both sides this past recruiting class. If they can't win 8+ games then they have a coaching problem. Pitt I think will be fine also. Returning their entire starting OL, their top 3 RB, and adding Slovis and Mumpfield should give them a pretty good offense to go with a pretty good defense. No clue what to expect from Ole Miss. They had so much turnover, its hard to predict where they will be when we play them. They have plenty of talent. Lets hope it takes a bit for them to click.
True, UNC is "too talented to be too far away from the top 25 which begs the question: when have the Tar Heels not been talented? At least by our standards. All of those teams you mention are on the cusp of greatness and usually lose to teams that they should not be losing. Case in point UNC losing to Tech last year.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Call me optimistic but I think at best GT could go 8-4 this year.

Clemson - L (although I doubt it's a blow out we almost beat them last year and they lost both coordinators, and we are the first game of the year.)
WCU - W (we should win this game easy)
Ole Miss - L (I just see this as a loss)
UCF - W (we want revenge for the bull**** game we lost to them plus they lost their QB)
Pitt - W (they no longer have Pickett and Addison)
Duke - W (they always play us tough but think we beat them)
Virginia - W (it's at home and all they have is Armstrong)
FSU - L (they played some tough teams and did well I think we lose to them)
VT - W (new coach and new QB)
Miami - W (new coach and we always play them tough)
UNC - W (no longer have Howell so we should win)
UGA - L (sadly we lose to the dawgs)

In the end I see us being 8-4 this year because I think Chip Long will be much better at playcalling ad developing our offense and teaching the players.
Take your 8 wins and divide by 2. Now subtract by 1 There you have it, a more likely scenario albeit an old story. I see Duke, WCU, and Virginia Tech as likely wins. UVA is a good possibility as well, the rest will be a pass and a prayer.