4th best 10 game record since 1956?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Yeah, good record so far. But we still have 3-4 more games.

A comment that Johnson made after the game – “It makes you sick the way we played the two we lost, but that’s football” – recalled a comment made by left guard Trey Braun after the loss to Duke. He said his father, a high school football coach, used to tell him “You never really understand what you lose when you lose.

Animal02

Banned

A comment that Johnson made after the game – “It makes you sick the way we played the two we lost, but that’s football” – recalled a comment made by left guard Trey Braun after the loss to Duke. He said his father, a high school football coach, used to tell him “You never really understand what you lose when you lose.

My high school coach said.....you remember the losses more than the wins........we finished 9-1 my senior year.....I remember far more about that one frikkin loss than the 9 wins combined.....36 years later

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
My high school coach said.....you remember the losses more than the wins........we finished 9-1 my senior year.....I remember far more about that one frikkin loss than the 9 wins combined.....36 years later

The only football game I played in that I remember clearly to this day is when we beat a team (Country Day from Savannah) that was much better. We had lost to a Team C by 48 points. Country Day had beaten Team C by a like amount. But on a night in which the fog was so thick you couldn't see from one sideline to another, we won. I remember how big and strong the other team was. But I just wrapped up and got drug waiting for help to arrive (played OT and DT at 155 pounds). In the middle of the first half, a massive sheep dog wanders onto the field. We of course say the dog is vicious and Country Day spends the rest of the game looking through the fog for the dog ......... home field advantage?!

Declinometer

Banned
My senior year we lost to a Lindsey Scott, Wayne County team, on a 50 yd TD catch in the last minute. No kidding! It's the only game that I vividly recall.

Animal02

Banned
The only football game I played in that I remember clearly to this day is when we beat a team (Country Day from Savannah) that was much better. We had lost to a Team C by 48 points. Country Day had beaten Team C by a like amount. But on a night in which the fog was so thick you couldn't see from one sideline to another, we won. I remember how big and strong the other team was. But I just wrapped up and got drug waiting for help to arrive (played OT and DT at 155 pounds). In the middle of the first half, a massive sheep dog wanders onto the field. We of course say the dog is vicious and Country Day spends the rest of the game looking through the fog for the dog ......... home field advantage?!
Our loss was to a team that put 4 into the NFL and one into pro baseball. (Their MLB was a 4 year letterer in 4 sports) It was 0-0 in the 3rd quarter, they fumbled and the ball was ripe for a scoop and score which would have changed the momentum, instead our safety fell on it, we could not move the ball and lost 14-0. In a stadium that held 5,000........there were over 9k in attendance.......that is H.S. sports in western Pa.

What? Why not five?

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Two loss team with our SOS and a loss to Fluke doesn't deserve to be in the top 4. There will be many other more compelling records for the entire year. Yes, you could argue that a team which beat Clemson, UGAg and FSU is worthy of top 4 for the last three games, but Fluke is Fluke.
Yeah for this reason I think it's in our best interest for FSU to win out and be in the playoff and Duke to win out and lose bad to FSU in the championship game. It kills me inside to say that btw, but if that happens and we've won out the Orange bowl would have to take us.

Animal02

Banned
Two loss team with our SOS and a loss to Fluke doesn't deserve to be in the top 4. There will be many other more compelling records for the entire year. Yes, you could argue that a team which beat Clemson, UGAg and FSU is worthy of top 4 for the last three games, but Fluke is Fluke.

There are not enough match ups between top 25 teams to knock out enough that Tech would ever have a chance with 2 losses.

Duke is still theoretically in the chase for the playoffs. Our big flop was in Chapel Hill.