404 takeover with Coach Collins in Fox Sports South

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
An episode of 404 Takeover with Coach Collins will be on Fox Sports South today at 6PM. I have 2 channels for Fox sports South. For Xfinity/ comcast its 884. I don't see it on the other station. It will also air tomorrow at 11am. Same station.

From what I can see this will be a full series, not a one off.
Screenshot_20190823-143626_Stream.jpg
Screenshot_20190823-144019_Stream.jpg

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Is this his coach's show? If not, any word on that?

I assume so. I had a series DVR set up for the "Georgia Tech College Football Report" and that series is recording this show. I didn't have to do anything, the series manager just picked it up.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
The intro looked great. So far so good!

Well, that stunk. After the intro Hulu blocked me from watching due to "rights." Exactly why can't I watch something on FSSE when I get FSSE?

Last edited:

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I talked to Hulu. They say that they aren't allowed to stream that show for some reason. They can't see anything other than streaming is not allowed. I'm sending an email to Coach Collins. Seriously, does he think he's going to reach today's kids over cable? Only Supersize still has cable. ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
My only guess is that it is broadcast on some local stations and that there is some kind of blackout rule about streaming it as a result.

Hopefully it won't apply to repeat broadcasts.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Hulu's guide shows it as blocked for the replays as well. Not having this available for streaming is crazy. I don't know what kind of deal Collins signed, but he made a mistake when he didn't ensure that his coaching show could be watched on streaming services.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Hulu's guide shows it as blocked for the replays as well. Not having this available for streaming is crazy. I don't know what kind of deal Collins signed, but he made a mistake when he didn't ensure that his coaching show could be watched on streaming services.

I doubt collins signed or dictated anything on how the coaches show would be broadcast or even had say. Its a bit like blaming dan quinn for the nfl blackout rules. The networks and services do this all the time, especially when there is competing stations airing the same show. Do we know if this show is being picked up by Accn?

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Hmm. I thought the Coaches negotiated their own show deals with broadcasters. I know that's not how games are done, but I really thought Coaches shows were done by the coaches, not the schools or leagues. And everything is negotiable. :)