4 GA born QB's have either played for a Title

Techster

Helluva Engineer
GA produces a good deal of high level QBs...both of the Pro Style and Dual Threat variety. Always has. The list in that article doesn't include Stephen Collier who is at Ohio State who's a redshirt freshmen playing behind one of the most gifted QB depth charts in college football history, and Lorenzo Nunez who played as true freshmen at South Carolina.

GT needs to start signing our share of the DT QBs in this state...especially when our offense is built around them.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
We are not getting enough of our top state talent. Too many misses. Don't tell me they can't get in. GT recruited Dobbs, Watson, & Marshall just not landing them.
Dobbs fits so much it doesn't make sense, all the way down to his major.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
We are not getting enough of our top state talent. Too many misses. Don't tell me they can't get in. GT recruited Dobbs, Watson, & Marshall just not landing them.
Dobbs fits so much it doesn't make sense, all the way down to his major.
Watson was never going anywhere but Clemson. Nick Marshall not coming here was a blessing in disguise. He'd have been kicked off the team before ever getting to play. I never understood the Dobbs thing either, but I remember the narrative at the time being that he was more of a "mobile pocket passer" than a running quarterback. There were questions about his arm strength, too.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Watson was never going anywhere but Clemson. Nick Marshall not coming here was a blessing in disguise. He'd have been kicked off the team before ever getting to play. I never understood the Dobbs thing either, but I remember the narrative at the time being that he was more of a "mobile pocket passer" than a running quarterback. There were questions about his arm strength, too.

Watson camped at GT often but never look twice when it was time to commit, why?
Marshall was quickly swayed perhaps a blessing but who knows a better environment may have produced a different result.
Dobbs was told he was not an offensive fit so he never was considered.

TechTravis

Ramblin' Wreck
Marshall was quickly swayed perhaps a blessing but who knows a better environment may have produced a different result.
Dobbs was told he was not an offensive fit so he never was considered.[/QUOTE

My guess on Watson is that people close to him told him he wouldn't go to the NFL with Georgia Tech. Also, Dabo Swinney is one of the best recruiters in the business. I'm not gonna lose any sleep over Nick Marshall. Josh Dobbs wasn't a fit leaving high school, based on his tape. I'm still not sure he's fast enough to get the edge consistently on triple option plays. I like his character though, and I wish Tech would've considered him more. Don't forget, we also had Vad Lee on campus when recruiting Dobbs...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Dobbs was told he was not an offensive fit so he never was considered.

Your examples don't really make your point as the reason they're not at GT is fairly easily explained. Watson was a future NFL HOFer in high school (let everyone tell it). He was never coming somewhere he wasn't going to throw 20+ times a game. Dobbs is a pseudo-athletic pocket passer. In our O he wouldn't be athletic enough. In their O he works best.

I should say, however, that I do agree with your overall point. Gotta close on more in-state talent in addition to pulling some key pieces from out-of-state.