3 scenarios for Thursday...

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I am curious what everyone thinks would happen in terms of fallout for each of the 3 scenarios playing out:

#1) We look like we're just not ready to play with a team like Clemson and they more than cover the spread, we get blown out by 40+ and don't look good doing it.

#2) We play them pretty tough and lose a close-ish game, losing by 10 or less.

#3) We show up ready to hang with the big boys, Clemson doesn't have an answer for their DL losses, we move the ball and score offensive points, get a pick or two and actually pull off a massive upset, winning a close game in death valley.

What would the fallout of each of those scenarios be for the trajectory for the program, in your opinion?

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
I think fan perception is big in terms of fallout, but I think the biggest place it would have real impact is recruiting. If we go beat Clemson on the road in Collins' 1st game, I think we'll see even more big name kids showing real interest in coming to Atlanta.

I do believe we have about less than 2% chance of actually winning on Thursday... and I think even just hanging with them would work wonders on perception.

Ash

Ramblin' Wreck
I just hope we look competent. As in not shooting ourselves in the foot with careless turnovers and idiotic penalties.

It's the first game of the season. Those kinds of things are almost unavoidable. For both teams.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I think scenarios 2 and 3 are important. Even though recruits may not see the game due to ACCN BS, they'll definitely get plenty of exposure to us giving them a scare or somehow winning. Either way, it will provide confirmation that we aren't just selling them hype. That's needed to turn an even bigger corner in recruiting.

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Clemson isn't clicking offensively this early in the season, like most teams. I'm looking at 35-7 late in the 3rd and Dabo puts his 2nd and 3rd stringers in to start their 2nd series in the 4th. We cover and look ok playing with the defending national champs. We get better every week and are ready by late November to beat the piss out of da dawgs.

Jd89

Georgia Tech Fan
I think they get up early and pull their stars to avoid injury. The spread is probably accurate, I could see taking GT and the spread in that case. If Dabo were to have some reason to unleash all they can ( they dont need to and I don’t think he is that kind if guy), they could win by 60. They are really good and we are transitioning, nothing against our boys, they are just that good.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I’ll take number 3 for $1000, Alex!
But in reality, I expect Numero Uno.
Either way, it’s only one game.
If we are beaten by nfl qb w senior ol but we go down fighting i am good w that.

Play like miami uf ( stupid penalties) and we will all be disappointed.

If in first 3 quarters the offense gets slammed like last 2 years i will be down but not discouraged.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
FWIW, I think how we look in the process will play a bigger part in the "fallout" after the game than the final score.

My hope is that a combination of our "CGC's-first-game" motivation and CU's overconfidence/first-game-rust leads toward a decent showing from us with outcome 2 or 3.

My fear is that trying to play fast on O and being outmatched on D will wear-out our D quickly, both mentally and physically.

For example, with just a few seconds into the 2nd quarter against Bama, Bama was beating them 16-14. CU then beat them for the 2nd and 3rd quarters (which was all they needed) 30-0.

My fear is that our O won't be as good as Bama's and that the game will never be close. If that happens, then some might begin grumbling, but the real "fallout" will depend on what happens the next 2 weeks.

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
I really do think this game is going to be extremely tough for us. I think we will play tough, but what a Huge task to go against a team who beat BAMA by 4 touchdowns in their last game.

We are breaking in a new offense, new defense, mostly new position players, and we lost a gut-wrenching amazing DT earlier in the year.

They have most of their dynamic offense back... I am thinking that on Thursday night, I'm going to be a jolly good fellow, and wake up Friday morning ready to cheer on the Jackets and CGC regardless of what happens. I hope others will follow

DaltonJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we will look motivated and play hard. We may score early and hang for a bit but they just have too much. Eventually I think its about a 35-10 type score. Clemson could win by more if they needed to but won't. Beats the spread!

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
Although it's only one game it's not baseball you only get 12 games. I can live with a loss if you look good but a bad loss I have to be honest I would start to worry if we didn't look good.
I always have high hopes but this Clemson team is really, really good. We couldn’t hang with them last year so if we can this time around it will shock the football world.