3 Injuries that Impacted this Season

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
O-Line and QB seemed to be the biggest issues on O. Taquan is a good kid and he played his heart out, but I think we need someone who can make better reads and throws.

Our veteran ABacks were essentially wasted this year. Every QB struggled to pitch in the spring game, so I guess it should have been expected.

Hey that’s right! In the spring game they never pitched at all, and my fiends were complaining about it.
“Sure the plays are supposed to be vanilla but isn’t this like the culmination of spring practice?”
Maybe all our QBs love to throw & run but don’t like to pitch.

J_Trouche

Georgia Tech Fan
Y'all also forget Jay Jones rolled his ankle in the spring. when he played in the spring game he was pretty electric and hadn't even practiced all week because of injury. Sean Bedford said he played against his coaches advice

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Y'all also forget Jay Jones rolled his ankle in the spring. when he played in the spring game he was pretty electric and hadn't even practiced all week because of injury. Sean Bedford said he played against his coaches advice
You don’t pitch the ball with your ankle. Why didn’t we see any pitches?

FlatsLander

Ramblin' Wreck
Well, injuries impact everybody. But: the only one you noe that might have affected Tech was Jordan. I am not sure he was anointed the starter. You may be right, but I don't recall Johnson saying that. If he we might have thrown better but run worse. The off-trail injury kid was literally years ago; besides which, are you assuming he would be a good one in college? Because you can't do that. Campbell? Well, if Johnson left him at DB it's because that is where he was best, and we can't assume QB proficiency in this offense.

I think everybody hopes one of the backups can break through and Marshall return to Aback. But they had all season and to me that is not encouraging.

What I am pretty sure about is that Marshall will not be a better passer of the ball. There might be plays and patterns to break him free for short stuff, the yardage Johnson says he can run to get. And we were so bad this year does anyone have a clue whether we have receivers who can go get it? That was a huge weakness -- I think -- this year. We aren't WR U any more.

Injjuries on the O line hurt, and that may be the one lead pipe cinch improvement in 2018. If so, things look better. If not ...

Oh, I agree that the Ratliffe accident was well before his freshman season, but having him in the class may have caused us to not recruit another QB that class. And for Campbell, I think he came in as a QB and was in the mix until he hurt his hand, but he also may have served to block another QB prospect (I'm really just guessing here). Basically, my main point was that we had far less available depth at QB than we would have had without the concentrated injuries.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
If he says so but I don't understand that at all. If the coach advises him not to play ... why doesn't he stop him? He is the coach, after all, and almost none of my directions from a coach came as a suggestion.