3 Georgia Tech athletes have tested positive for COVID-19.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Seems like we threw HIPAA out the window with COVID. People demand to know your status with this stuff, unlike they do with anything else.

Universities are well within their rights to say how many positive COVID tests they have had. That doesn't violate HIPAA as it does not provide any personal information. What they cannot do is give out any information on who has tested positive or their condition, that would be a violation of HIPAA. Only the individual themself should be giving out that information if they freely choose to do so.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The only country in the world that has probably been super aggressive in reporting is Belgium which is why they are #1 in the world for per capita deaths.
What is causing the excess deaths is fairly obvious, some just don't want to accept what is right in fron of us.

There are multiple cases in the US of homes hiding deaths or saying they were due to someting else (like in Athens where a sr health care facility was purposely returning negative tests - by sending the tests to a lab and telling them it was one type of test rather than what it was so that it would automatically come back as a negative). Nursing homes in the US have a strong incentive not to report COVID illnesses or deaths and the government has not been aggressive at all in making them do so.

Also in Athens...in March, I believe, 11 people died in a very short period at the Grandview Nursing Home, and none of those were counted as COVID deaths. Hard to believe they had nothing to do with the virus, but they were not tested.

Deleted member 2897

The only country in the world that has probably been super aggressive in reporting is Belgium which is why they are #1 in the world for per capita deaths.
What is causing the excess deaths is fairly obvious, some just don't want to accept what is right in fron of us.

There are multiple cases in the US of homes hiding deaths or saying they were due to someting else (like in Athens where a sr health care facility was purposely returning negative tests - by sending the tests to a lab and telling them it was one type of test rather than what it was so that it would automatically come back as a negative). Nursing homes in the US have a strong incentive not to report COVID illnesses or deaths and the government has not been aggressive at all in making them do so.

George Floyd counted as a COVID-19 death. I’d say we are pretty darned aggressive.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
$35,000 in federal funds to a medical facility with a covid patient/death. I wonder why no one has died from the flu or pneumonia since January? I understand co-morbidity, but even folks in the medical field who deal with this crap daily are saying its getting ridiculous. 98 % of those who get it recover. USA USA USA!!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
$35,000 in federal funds to a medical facility with a covid patient/death. I wonder why no one has died from the flu or pneumonia since January? I understand co-morbidity, but even folks in the medical field who deal with this crap daily are saying its getting ridiculous. 98 % of those who get it recover. USA USA USA!!!
Point blank the problem is ( it's an election year ) and you know who the media wants. ( guess I will get in trouble for saying that.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Except pneumonia and flu deaths have been way up this year. Both of those illnesses are also seasonal, and see minimal cases in summer months. Not sure where you’re getting your information from, considering Covid deaths, pneumonia and flu deaths are up, and there’s a huge number of unaccounted for deaths that are way above the baseline, something is causing those problems, and it looks like there’s a pretty obvious answer that’s been going around.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
Insulting a player that has put in so much work and effort to represent the team is not a joke. If standing up for these players against someone who is obviously not a fan makes me a snowflake so be it. Your still an a hole.
It was a joke you loon. I don’t see how joking about his inability to tackle in space is an insult. He’s good in trash, but in the open space, he’s awful. Hope he improves, but good lord man, have a sense of humor.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

From the article:

From Feb. 1 through March 28 of this year, 435,808 people died. About 1,150 were classified as having died of COVID-19, and 23,729 were classified as having died of the flu or pneumonia.

About 5.2% of all of the Americans who died in February and March of this year died of the flu or pneumonia.

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow

Point blank the problem is ( it's an election year ) and you know who the media wants. ( guess I will get in trouble for saying that.

Have some backbone and say what you like. You may receive some backlash. But if you are right about it? Just saying.