278 days until kick off

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep. Getting on with his life after doing what a student- athlete should do... graduating.
It is good to graduate.

On the other hand, it's also pretty good to get some free graduate school.

Can they give scholarships to the MBA program?

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From a historical perspective - this is the 11th time in GT history that a team has suffered at least a 4 win drop from the previous season.
After the loss yesterday this one stands alone at -8 (previous worst was 1929 which went 3-6 after the 1928 team went 10-0).

In the 10 previous times the average win total change the following season was +2.1. The best was a +5, which has happened twice (both after 4 game drops) - 1923-1924 and 1934-1935.
The worst was a further -1 drop , the 1930 season.
After anything more than a -4 drop the following season has never been more than a +1 improvement.

i do expect improvement. The schedule is a little easier on paper - but i'm thinking it moves to a 6-7 win season.

I will say this, after looking at the stats over the last 8 years i think we need to change our defensive philosophy completely. Rumor is PJ told Roof to play more conservative this year because he didn't think he had the offense to win as many shootouts. But it you look at the defenses under CPJ the 2 best GT teams under him were among the 3 best at forcing TO on defense. Given we are always undersized on the line it feels like we should move to a hyper aggresive scheme, knowing we are going to give up some big plays but hoping it forces enough TO and big defensive plays to offset and help the offense with some short fields. This year's squad produced few TO and most of his poorer squads had the same issue.

B Lifsey

Helluva Engineer
It is good to graduate.

On the other hand, it's also pretty good to get some free graduate school.

Can they give scholarships to the MBA program?
I believe so but it is difficult to get accepted. IIRC, we had a couple of OL a few years back that wanted to stay but couldn't get in. One, maybe both, did final year in graduate school at Ga State.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
This was a longer season than the 1-10 in the early 80's. I, for one, am not looking forward to next year. I want a long off season.

IEEEWreck

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe so but it is difficult to get accepted. IIRC, we had a couple of OL a few years back that wanted to stay but couldn't get in. One, maybe both, did final year in graduate school at Ga State.
Makes sense. I know we're building a 5+ years of experience model MBA program, so it would be pretty hard to get placed.