2024 Roster

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
They also didn't mention Michael Kovala (RHP). (Check out notes and links in spreadsheet in first post.)

I didn't mean to imply that the author didn't do homework, but nothing in the summary hasn't been said here. Plus the articles always emphasize the positive since mostly that teams fans read the article. And coaches fed them the positive stuff.

The real guessing will be when D1 ranks where we finish in the ACC. I'll be very surprised if we are in the top half. I'd expect all ACC teams are better with the portal. There is so much more talent with COVID exemption and MLB reduced draft.
I believe I read somewhere that Kovala had an injury in the Fall.

Killerbees

Jolly Good Fellow
So, you’re telling me our pitching injuries start is the preseason now?
The write up said he came in with a stress fracture in his back and has just began throwing and we should see him out of the bullpen. Also they say Vaughan recently dislocated his wrist & had surgery.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Updated the spreadsheet (it automatically refreshes) with info above to try and get the dance card right in my mind. Also RamblinWreck roster is down to 45 with transfers Paradine, Romano and Schmolke removed. (They are updating which is better than schools which aren't even putting rosters out!).

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Didn't see it anywhere else, but GT made D1Baseball's list of Top Transfer classes at #18: https://d1baseball.com/top-stories/2023-24-d1baseball-top-transfer-classes-16-20/

Headliners: SS Payton Green (NC State), 2B Mike Becchetti (Fairfield), C Matthew Ellis (Indiana), and OF/P Cam Jones (Georgia State).

Others that could contribute: Trey Yunger (DH/OF, Wofford), Bobby Zmarzlak (DH/OF, Maryland), Brett Thomas (USCe, experienced senior in the bullpen, but innings have been limited due to control issues...), and pitchers Mason Patel and Camren Landry. Both, along with Cam Jones, followed pitching coach Matt Taylor to Tech from Georgia State. Said that both could contribute in the bullpen IF they come back strong from injuries.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Didn't see it anywhere else, but GT made D1Baseball's list of Top Transfer classes at #18: https://d1baseball.com/top-stories/2023-24-d1baseball-top-transfer-classes-16-20/

Headliners: SS Payton Green (NC State), 2B Mike Becchetti (Fairfield), C Matthew Ellis (Indiana), and OF/P Cam Jones (Georgia State).

Others that could contribute: Trey Yunger (DH/OF, Wofford), Bobby Zmarzlak (DH/OF, Maryland), Brett Thomas (USCe, experienced senior in the bullpen, but innings have been limited due to control issues...), and pitchers Mason Patel and Camren Landry. Both, along with Cam Jones, followed pitching coach Matt Taylor to Tech from Georgia State. Said that both could contribute in the bullpen IF they come back strong from injuries.

And #19 Fr class after years of to 10 classes. So we should be top 20 based on talent?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Looking at Ramblinwreck, we have 44 on roster now. Drew Byers gone is most recent change. Anyone know who is RS?

I also noticed that RamblinWreck has all the X and Instagram sites for the players. At some point, I'll copy those into the spreadsheet above (post #25). I use that spreadsheet during games to check out stats; any corrections are always appreciated.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Injuries: Vaughn Craska
Red Shirt: Coupet
Couple of more pitchers either hurt or coming back from injuries that we may not see for a while.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
Injuries: Vaughn Craska
Red Shirt: Coupet
Couple of more pitchers either hurt or coming back from injuries that we may not see for a while.
Any idea what the outlook is for Vaughn & Craska? Will they likely miss the entire season, or can we hope for a return at some point in 2024?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I thought that we had to be down to 40 on the roster by now. I remembered a date a week or so before opening day, but it may be opening day. So by that time we have to declare who is RS or injured to get to the 40. In the end it makes little practical difference for the team (a big difference for the individuals), since the "bottom couple players won't see any playing time. Getting back to a 32 person roster will assure a larger percentage of the players see meaningful playing time.