2024 Opponent News & Notes

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Louisville receiver Caullin Lacy broke his collarbone during the final scrimmage of fall camp Saturday and will be out "an extended period of time," the school announced.

Lacy, one of the top players to sign with the Cardinals through the transfer portal, was expected to be their No. 1 receiver. Last season at South Alabama, Lacy had 91 receptions for 1,316 yards -- both ranking No. 5 in the country -- and seven touchdown catches.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
This should be quite an interesting game with Faulkner's offense our new D, and Brent Key as our HC. Hard to believe we have come so far since our humiliating defeat in South Bend only 3 years ago, followed by the loss to UGA. I attended the 100-0 beat down in those 2 games which was my all time low as a Tech fan.
Slow responding to this thread but I’ve got to say, you deserve a medal for attending those two games, or at least a purple heart.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Broke his leg. So, the guy he beat out for the job (Sophomore Conner Harrell) takes over...

Who knows, they might be better off.

Their offense looked better when the backup came in. Mostly because they still couldn’t do anything, but at least Harrell could create something with his legs. Risk there now is what do you do when Harrell gets hurt having to create with his legs so much.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
Slow responding to this thread but I’ve got to say, you deserve a medal for attending those two games, or at least a purple heart.
I agree! :)
The Notre Dame game was the worse. When I saw the team get off the bus up close, they did not even look like a football team, so out of shape. And the look in their eyes was so sad, like they knew were going to get their a**especially kicked, no joy whatsoever.
In a line at Midway, a woman turned to me, me being in my GT polo and hat, asked me how I could still wear my team logos. My reply was don't worry, we will be back. But never would I have thought it
would take only a couple seasons, thanks to Brent Key, J Batt, and most of all, President Rafael Cabrera.