2024 Helluva Block Party Updates

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Looks like Shaboozey dropped from the State game and got replaced with some band called Old Dominion. Really sucks but I’m guessing he’s onto bigger things with all the popularity recently and backed out. I think that would have been a huge boost to the energy around the game/campus next Saturday.

State game is officially a white out also btw.
I am distraught. Old Dominion is my favorite band but I will be out of town for Labor Day weekend.

For any of those in town be sure to give them love. They are some of my favorite concerts I have ever been to. I'd describe them as a mix between modern country, the Eagles, and Lionel Richie.

FWIW Shaboozey is a bigger pop name at the moment but Old Dominion is a very popular country band (last time I saw them they headlined at State Farm Arena) and has an extremely loyal fanbase - when they asked the crowd a lot of us had been to their concerts 5+ times. I'd estimate they put on a much better show even if the crowd is smaller.

Last edited:

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
Looks like Shaboozey dropped from the State game and got replaced with some band called Old Dominion. Really sucks but I’m guessing he’s onto bigger things with all the popularity recently and backed out. I think that would have been a huge boost to the energy around the game/campus next Saturday.

WHITEOUT IS BACK? LET’S GOOOOOO!!!

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I am distraught. Old Dominion is my favorite band but I will be out of town for Labor Day weekend.

For any of those in town be sure to give them love. They are some of my favorite concerts I have ever been to. I'd describe them as a mix between modern country, the Eagles, and Lionel Richie.

FWIW Shaboozey is a bigger pop name at the moment but Old Dominion is a very popular country band (last time I saw them they headlined at State Farm Arena) and has an extremely loyal fanbase - when they asked the crowd a lot of us had been to their concerts 5+ times.
Agreed. Shaboozey is the shiny new thing with a monster song. Old Dominion is a monster group with staying power. They’ve been around and fill up the biggest venues in the biggest markets. As someone in the business, Old Dominion will give our fans a better performance in my opinion. Actually more surprised we got them.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
But what shade of white?

In all seriousness, yall going across the pond have a great time cheering our guy on to victory. I'll meet up with yall after the mutt tigger game, after dragoncon and after old dominion concert, to beat that team that wants to share our city to the south. 2-0 and nothing else.

RamblinMike

Georgia Tech Fan

FWIW Shaboozey is a bigger pop name at the moment but Old Dominion is a very popular country band (last time I saw them they headlined at State Farm Arena) and has an extremely loyal fanbase - when they asked the crowd a lot of us had been to their concerts 5+ times. I'd estimate they put on a much better show even if the crowd is smaller.
I’m SO psyched about Old Dominion! My favorite band right now. It’s gonna rock!! 😃

Ramble1885

proud sidewalk fan
I’m SO psyched about Old Dominion! My favorite band right now. It’s gonna rock!! 😃
As a guy who likes indie, rock, and new wave but has never liked country I'm not really liking the themes for the HBP this year. (it's funny bc the rest of my family LOVES country music) BUT if it puts cash in the GTAA's pockets, that's all that matters.

RamblinMike

Georgia Tech Fan
As a guy who likes indie, rock, and new wave but has never liked country I'm not really liking the themes for the HBP this year. (it's funny bc the rest of my family LOVES country music) BUT if it puts cash in the GTAA's pockets, that's all that matters.
Take a look at OD before the block party. You may be surprised. I’m a rocker but also like country, I just appreciate great song writing and talent, and OD definitely has both.

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck

When I got the GT email with a headline saying Old Dominion was coming, my first reaction was, "I thought we were playing Georgia State. Wha' happened? "