Staff member
Picture

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240801-114001.png
    Screenshot_20240801-114001.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 183

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope we advertise the hell out of Shaboozey, since that's a name that would get casuals to a game they otherwise would miss. He came out with that "Tipsy" song that went #1 on the Billboard Hot 100 last month, and was a big contributor to Beyonce's pseudo-country album that was the #1 album this spring.

Ludacris was a big name 10 years ago, but Shaboozey is a big name right now. Pretty cool to get him here.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
If history repeats itself here, Shaboozey’s career has just started its decline. As a former hs teacher I learned that once I knew who or what something that the kids thought was the current rage, it was about 6 months passé. If I were teaching today and told my students I was bumping some dope Shaboozey jams on my IPod on the way to school that would have been the kiss of death for Shaboozey in this school.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Shaboozey is headlining 7,000 person venues on his upcoming tour. Unfortunately he has a show at Variety Playhouse (1,100 - sold out already) a few weeks later so that will probably dip into our turnout but if GTAA could sell an extra 3,000-5,000 tickets for the game because of this, that would be fantastic for the ticket revenue, energy levels in the stadium, recruits at the game, making the environment fun, building return customers, etc

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
If history repeats itself here, Shaboozey’s career has just started its decline. As a former hs teacher I learned that once I knew who or what something that the kids thought was the current rage, it was about 6 months passé. If I were teaching today and told my students I was bumping some dope Shaboozey jams on my IPod on the way to school that would have been the kiss of death for Shaboozey in this school.
You're not wrong, he'll likely be passe in 2 years. Look at how big Dababy was in 2020 and now probably wouldn't even draw 1K to a show.

At least we got Shaboozey the one-hit wonder while the one-hit is still a hit. If he played at COFH instead of at week 1 he might not draw a crowd :rolleyes:

Wrecked

Ramblin' Wreck
Shaboozey is headlining 7,000 person venues on his upcoming tour. Unfortunately he has a show at Variety Playhouse (1,100 - sold out already) a few weeks later so that will probably dip into our turnout but if GTAA could sell an extra 3,000-5,000 tickets for the game because of this, that would be fantastic for the ticket revenue, energy levels in the stadium, recruits at the game, making the environment fun, building return customers, etc
The concerts are free, you don’t need to buy a game ticket. It would be nice if these walkups came to the game.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
The concerts are free, you don’t need to buy a game ticket. It would be nice if these walkups came to the game.
And we honestly might steal people from the concert. Why pay a concert fee, when you can see him for free and have other games for a full family?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
This is true and obviously I don't know everybody's finances, but I cannot imagine hassling your way to North Ave (MARTA is smarta though) for this concert, feeling the hype of all the fans around you, and then just deciding to skip the game. I think we'll also pull a solid number of the 75k Pup/Kitties fans that will be at MBS earlier in the day. People will be ultra thirsty for college football on this particular day.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
This is true and obviously I don't know everybody's finances, but I cannot imagine hassling your way to North Ave (MARTA is smarta though) for this concert, feeling the hype of all the fans around you, and then just deciding to skip the game. I think we'll also pull a solid number of the 75k Pup/Kitties fans that will be at MBS earlier in the day. People will be ultra thirsty for college football on this particular day.
You really think dwag and clemson fans are going to come to our game?

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
You really think dwag and clemson fans are going to come to our game?
A nonzero amount, 100%. Tickets have already dropped into the $20s for our game. If I could grab UGA/Clemson tickets for $20, I would happily wake up, make myself some pour over while watching College GameDay, bike over to MBS, root for Team Meteor at UGA/Clemson, bike to AJ Package Store and Cheba Hut, head towards Tech Green, tailgate, head to Helluva Block Party, and watch us beat up on the 'Thers. Sounds like a wonderful fall Saturday.

Unfortunately the Dwag/Climpsun tickets are $130 to get in the door at this moment which is frankly more than I would personally pay, although I bet it's gonna be a great game and great environment.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Batt has plans for to adjust the block party like u mention. Last year was very fun.

The Ludicrous guy started playing on North Aveune by Tech Green - i was watching the workers set up and band,start up. When "L" started singing - a giant mash pit started jumping and,singing along. There were ZERO BOOMERS.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Maybe Batt has plans for to adjust the block party like u mention. Last year was very fun.

The Ludicrous guy started playing on North Aveune by Tech Green - i was watching the workers set up and band,start up. When "L" started singing - a giant mash pit started jumping and,singing along. There were ZERO BOOMERS.
Luda was slammed last year. I've mentioned this elsewhere but North Ave was the hottest spot in the city that evening and I think it was an event enjoyed by Tech and Dawg alumni alike. Pretty much every Gen X/Millennial knows multiple Ludacris tracks. Boomer Tech fans should know Luda too because our marching band plays Welcome to Atlanta every game (maybe more affectionately known by them as "WHAT? OKAY! WHAT?"):

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Looks like Shaboozey dropped from the State game and got replaced with some band called Old Dominion. Really sucks but I’m guessing he’s onto bigger things with all the popularity recently and backed out. I think that would have been a huge boost to the energy around the game/campus next Saturday.

State game is officially a white out also btw.

Last edited: