2024 GT FB Info Guide is out!

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
The cost of printing and mailing those preseason media guides has gone through the roof. From the folks I know who buy paper by the truckload, that price has gone up by 5x, and that's newsprint, not the slick material that is even more expensive.
Besides, as bad as the post office is now, who's to say they'll even reach their destination in time?

alagold

Helluva Engineer
Why, oh, why doesn't the GTAA do this? Or, at least, offer it as an option for an extra fee to ticket holders? It wouldn't be that expensive; I could do without the cream laid paper and color photos. All I would want is the hard copy.

But why, I hear some say? Isn't this a luddite way of looking at it? The reason is a simple and extremely useful one: I want to keep the guides as a memorial of the year and a handy source of information. True, I have a computer and a cell phone. And the computer sometimes looses connection or power or both. And the iPhone has print that is too small to easily read and can't handle a facing portrait page format easily, So I'll take a hard copy, thanks. I mean, really, the whole shebang is already print-set anyway. Go ahead and run the things off on demand and charge us for them. Why is this such a problem for an Institute of Technology?
I've got handbooks from the 70's which are fun to read even now.

Vespidae

Helluva Engineer
I've got handbooks from the 70's which are fun to read even now.
IMG_0074.jpeg

apatriot1776

Ramblin' Wreck
The cost of printing and mailing those preseason media guides has gone through the roof. From the folks I know who buy paper by the truckload, that price has gone up by 5x, and that's newsprint, not the slick material that is even more expensive.
Besides, as bad as the post office is now, who's to say they'll even reach their destination in time?
OT but speaking of the post office, I got married last month and half my guests still hadn't received the save-the-dates we mailed out in January. With that track record, ticket holders would be lucky to receive their media guide by the start of the 2025 season.