2024 GT FB Info Guide is out!

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
d28f7a75-0ba7-4dbd-8ad5-0e4998f046ec_text.gif

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I really wish they would print and mail these out to season ticket holders. It was always a favorite time of year when my Dad got these from Tennessee as a kid.
Why, oh, why doesn't the GTAA do this? Or, at least, offer it as an option for an extra fee to ticket holders? It wouldn't be that expensive; I could do without the cream laid paper and color photos. All I would want is the hard copy.

But why, I hear some say? Isn't this a luddite way of looking at it? The reason is a simple and extremely useful one: I want to keep the guides as a memorial of the year and a handy source of information. True, I have a computer and a cell phone. And the computer sometimes looses connection or power or both. And the iPhone has print that is too small to easily read and can't handle a facing portrait page format easily, So I'll take a hard copy, thanks. I mean, really, the whole shebang is already print-set anyway. Go ahead and run the things off on demand and charge us for them. Why is this such a problem for an Institute of Technology?

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Why, oh, why doesn't the GTAA do this? Or, at least, offer it as an option for an extra fee to ticket holders? It wouldn't be that expensive; I could do without the cream laid paper and color photos. All I would want is the hard copy.

But why, I hear some say? Isn't this a luddite way of looking at it? The reason is a simple and extremely useful one: I want to keep the guides as a memorial of the year and a handy source of information. True, I have a computer and a cell phone. And the computer sometimes looses connection or power or both. And the iPhone has print that is too small to easily read and can't handle a facing portrait page format easily, So I'll take a hard copy, thanks. I mean, really, the whole shebang is already print-set anyway. Go ahead and run the things off on demand and charge us for them. Why is this such a problem for an Institute of Technology?
Agree completely. That and I just want the joy of flipping through it and getting excited

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
They did send it out to season ticket holders many years ago. I was a student and my father-in-law got it every year. I enjoyed looking through it. Lots of history in it. That was about 50 years ago. Not sure when they stopped.

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
This is the answer to probably 90% of the questions that get asked here. Or anywhere else for that matter. "Sex" , "iiwii", "s^*! happens" and "control the line of scrimmage" will answer almost 98% of the remaining 10% imo.
"control the line of scrimmage" works better on the Football Board. Not so much on basketball or baseball. :cool:

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I really wish they would print and mail these out to season ticket holders. It was always a favorite time of year when my Dad got these from Tennessee as a kid.
Let's remember in our end of year survey to include this as a request. Add, say, $50 for season tickets if they want a hardcopy media guide. I think this can be a grass roots thing.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
Mistake on page 195.
Clemson didn't beat us 77-3. It was 73-7. It was bad. Real bad. As in record setting bad. But the spread was only 66 points, not 74.

Thwg777

Ramblin' Wreck
Mistake on page 195.
Clemson didn't beat us 77-3. It was 73-7. It was bad. Real bad. As in record setting bad. But the spread was only 66 points, not 74.

I noticed that too. Also on the same page in 2023 we were at Miami and Clemson (missing the ‘at’).

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I used to use a text for my research methods courses that has been "in print" for over 20 years. Is the thing actually in print sitting on the shelfs? No, it is not. When the press in question gets an order for it they print the book and send it out. They also had a discount for multiple copies. There's absolutely no reason the GTAA couldn't do the same, especially if they did it using a black and white copy.

Make the offer and see what happens. You don't get enough requests to print each copy at a reasonable price, don't print it and say you're sorry. But making the offer isn't that difficult. True, you might have a camel's nose under the tent problem …

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I used to use a text for my research methods courses that has been "in print" for over 20 years. Is the thing actually in print sitting on the shelfs? No, it is not. When the press in question gets an order for it they print the book and send it out. They also had a discount for multiple copies. There's absolutely no reason the GTAA couldn't do the same, especially if they did it using a black and white copy.

Make the offer and see what happens. You don't get enough requests to print each copy at a reasonable price, don't print it and say you're sorry. But making the offer isn't that difficult. True, you might have a camel's nose under the tent problem …
Same can be said for the physical copies of the gameday programs. Have 10,000 printed and can only get them as you enter. First come first serve.