2024 Adidas SWAG watch

MidtownJacket

Staff member
2024 is upon us and while there have been rumors of jumpman coming to town, we are still - for the moment - an Adidas school.

I don’t think I’ve seen this one posted yet.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
2024 is upon us and while there have been rumors of jumpman coming to town, we are still - for the moment - an Adidas school.

Wait...what?! You letting pay for play board rumors out?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Who is jump man?
There is a subcategory of Nike with the Jordan logo. UNC wears them here

IMG_8737.png

Also it’s meant to be TiC I have no inside knowledge on this but I suspect we stay with adidas.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
There is a subcategory of Nike with the Jordan logo. UNC wears them here

View attachment 15466

Also it’s meant to be TiC I have no inside knowledge on this but I suspect we stay with adidas.
It’s technically owned by Nike, yes, but Jordan/Jumpman brand has been operating on its own for awhile now. Obviously UNC is the flagship school but I believe Michigan also is sponsored by them.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer

Thanks for the new thread, and the jacket! But, not sure where this jumpman thing started, that ain't happening.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I hope not... been a major letdown in fan apparel, especially for women, and don't even get me started on the "golds" or the abundance of gray, black and blue over our actual colors.

No matter what company we end up with, there will always be more gray, black, and blue than gold and white because gray, black, and blue sell better.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow

My goodness has it been six years already!?!? I wouldn't mind switching to jumpman as they have done really well with the uniforms they produce. Adidas never really got it right until the "classic" look which we sport now. Did they ever deliver on their promise to use Atlanta and Georgia Tech to help with their P3 labs and innovative technology? Would UA still be interested in us? Now would be the time to capitalize on the renewed energy and momentum delivered by Pres Cabrera and ADJB to help get us a better contract.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow

Very happy to see they recognize we need more GOLD apparel

I read this in that article, “HanesBrands, the world’s largest supplier of collegiate fan apparel, and the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), announced they have signed a multiyear extension of their current apparel partnership that gives HanesBrands exclusive rights to Georgia Tech fanwear in the mass retail channel.”

Does that mean that Adidas will no longer be able to peddle blue GT stuff? And will only function to provide our athletes apparel?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I read this in that article, “HanesBrands, the world’s largest supplier of collegiate fan apparel, and the Georgia Institute of Technology (Georgia Tech), announced they have signed a multiyear extension of their current apparel partnership that gives HanesBrands exclusive rights to Georgia Tech fanwear in the mass retail channel.”

Does that mean that Adidas will no longer be able to peddle blue GT stuff? And will only function to provide our athletes apparel?
No they will still make public consumption items, it just means Hanes gets a splash of marketing that they’re one of many “official supplier” for fan gear

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
No they will still make public consumption items, it just means Hanes gets a splash of marketing that they’re one of many “official supplier” for fan gear

Thanks, I got hung up on the words they chose - “exclusive rights”. If that meant what I thought it meant, that would have surprised me.

Last edited: