2024 ACC Baseball

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Virginia albeit good at reloading lost an awful lot. UNC the pitching is suspect but the lineup is stacked. Clearly Duke stands with Wake at the top of the conference when it comes to pitching. i would think Miami BC Pitt VT all have mediocre to down years. Maybe we finish third on our side of the conference. Not good enough to host thanks to our weak OOC schedule but enough to make a regional. Keep an eye on Florida State this year.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Virginia albeit good at reloading lost an awful lot. UNC the pitching is suspect but the lineup is stacked. Clearly Duke stands with Wake at the top of the conference when it comes to pitching. i would think Miami BC Pitt VT all have mediocre to down years. Maybe we finish third on our side of the conference. Not good enough to host thanks to our weak OOC schedule but enough to make a regional. Keep an eye on Florida State this year.

Watched Miami walk off against NJIT last night. Hit, bunt for hit, bunt for hit and hit. Beautiful bunts which have their place in college baseball IMHO.

That Miami took to the 9th to put NJIT away shows it's baseball I guess. But out of your list of Miami BC Pitt VT, I think Miami has too much talent and proven coaching to likely be down this year.

Last night in out B1, no outs and against a struggling pitcher Cam Jones was scored with attempting a bunt. Very bad time for a bunt. But I'd bet it wasn't an intentional bunt.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
From Saturday:
1708271539239.png

1708271568823.png

1708271609714.png

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Watched Miami walk off against NJIT last night. Hit, bunt for hit, bunt for hit and hit. Beautiful bunts which have their place in college baseball IMHO.

That Miami took to the 9th to put NJIT away shows it's baseball I guess. But out of your list of Miami BC Pitt VT, I think Miami has too much talent and proven coaching to likely be down this year.

Last night in out B1, no outs and against a struggling pitcher Cam Jones was scored with attempting a bunt. Very bad time for a bunt. But I'd bet it wasn't an intentional bunt.
Cam's bunt attempt wasn't called by the coaches, that was something he did on his own hoping to get a hit. It wasn't a sacrifice bunt.

gtbeak

Jolly Good Fellow
What is going on up at Louisville? Last season they had a really disappointing season, and so far this season they are sitting at 0-3. Has Dan McDonnell been replaced by a robot who just happens to look like him?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
What is going on up at Louisville? Last season they had a really disappointing season, and so far this season they are sitting at 0-3. Has Dan McDonnell been replaced by a robot who just happens to look like him?
I was wondering the same thing. How does a program fall off that fast?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer

Basketball as well. A decade ago they were amongst the best basketball/baseball programs in the country. The quick descent in both is crazy.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There is absolutely nothing appealing about the school, area, or people. The place has eroded and I think this could be the trickle down effect. Not sure what else it could be except possibly the old beginning of the season sloppiness.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
There are 5 undefeated ACC teams still. UVa's is impressive given last two games played.

L"Ville is the only real surprise as noted above (I liked the town when I was visiting once.)

I'm a bit surprised NC State has lost two (lost @ Hawaii last night) as well as Miami (lost to Long Island last night).

(Not ACC, but uGag is undefeated and massive offensive output and very low ERA. Georgia State has lost 5 of 6.)

1708866085434.png

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I’m sure things will level out a bit, but the ACC looks to be a bit better than the SEC this year. Some of the traditionally better SEC programs appear to be down. Stay tuned.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’m sure things will level out a bit, but the ACC looks to be a bit better than the SEC this year. Some of the traditionally better SEC programs appear to be down. Stay tuned.

Eeehhh, way too early to say but SEC (78.0%) has a slightly better winning percentage than ACC (77.5%). (RPI only shown since I couldn't take it out. Our RPI is 50 which is higher than I thought it would be. But still meaningless.)

1708869356438.png