2023 Holiday Break - GT in the Diamond Head Classic

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Ndongo is a gifted athlete is obvious, however, I watched him away from the ball and he is a relentless worker non stop.
He is full effort every second he is on the court. He also has great touch around the basket, a "nose for the ball," a really good defender and a capable passer too (although I have seen him pass up layups to pass to the perimeter a few times too often!). We are lucky to have him and he is going to be a star. Shhhh....nobody tell the NBA scouts about him.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
We're a 6.5 underdog tomorrow night. It would be a nice quality win if we can pull off the upset
I laugh at this. We're a 6.5 point underdog if we play like we did against UMASS-Lowell, Cincinnati, or uga. But we're probably a 15 point favorite if we play like we did last night in the first half or how we played against Duke. So, to me, lines are absolutely out the window for this team. If we win, it will not be an upset. If we lose, we will not have been upset. It just depends on which GT team shows up.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Face Truth GIF
What? I said 'whatever'. In 2023, that's basically the equivalent of a heartfelt apology and a peck on the cheek. :D
I agree with this and that @kg01 is totally wrong.

come on thats not appropriate GIF

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
How does Nevada score mostly? Are they an outside 3 shooting team? Mostly fast paced trying to score in transition? I don’t think they run Princeton if they’re averaging 80 pts a game.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
How does Nevada score mostly? Are they an outside 3 shooting team? Mostly fast paced trying to score in transition? I don’t think they run Princeton if they’re averaging 80 pts a game.
Against TCU they ran a 5 out set without a ball screen. Lot of downscreen and circle cut action. Not a lot of post action

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
They shoot about 33% from three but have taken and made less than we have overall. They are a very good shooting team averaging 47% overall. They are also a very good free throw shooting team hitting 74% from the line. Where we might have an advantage is rebounding where they average only out rebounding their opponents by 3 a game. they have two 7 footers on their team but neither one plays very much. It would appear we have played a more difficult schedule to date but they have only lost one game and that was to Drake. Our only common opponent is Hawaii who they beat by 6 after trailing by one at the half in Honolulu. It looks like it will be a good game. I expect it to be physical. Against Hawaii they gave up 36 free throw attempts.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
They shoot about 33% from three but have taken and made less than we have overall. They are a very good shooting team averaging 47% overall. They are also a very good free throw shooting team hitting 74% from the line. Where we might have an advantage is rebounding where they average only out rebounding their opponents by 3 a game. they have two 7 footers on their team but neither one plays very much. It would appear we have played a more difficult schedule to date but they have only lost one game and that was to Drake. Our only common opponent is Hawaii who they beat by 6 after trailing by one at the half in Honolulu. It looks like it will be a good game. I expect it to be physical. Against Hawaii they gave up 36 free throw attempts.

Looks to be a "foul" game. Isn't 36 FTs a massive number? We can better withstand a large number of fouls since we have more depth?

Here are some stats and the 6 point under dog and 141 over/under.