2023 Holiday Break - GT in the Diamond Head Classic

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
might need more of the George Sturdivant combo. Handled the pressing defense better with them on the floor together. If we could just stop turning it over, feels like that’s an every game thing at this point, but if we could we might be good. I’m interested to see what Terry brings when he gets back. Go Jackets!

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I don’t know if I can handle many more games like that. I am worn out just from watching in my chair LOL. I go from wanting to throw my remote because of the weak, lazy passes we make to jumping up and down because of a big steal and finish.

CDS really sticks with the guys/lineup that are producing that individual game.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
I’m interested to see what Terry brings when he gets back. Go Jackets!
I’m almost wondering if we redshirt him this season. Then he takes over the Sturdivant role next season. I just don’t know if we have time to wait for him to find his role/groove when we enter ACC play. And I don’t necessarily want Terry taking minutes from George or Sturdivant right now.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
I’m almost wondering if we redshirt him this season. Then he takes over the Sturdivant role next season. I just don’t know if we have time to wait for him to find his role/groove when we enter ACC play. And I don’t necessarily want Terry taking minutes from George or Sturdivant right now.
I’ve wondered the same thing

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
It was like playing against a Pastner team. Aggressive defense, hot streaks on offense, and keep the other team in the game by missing a ton of free throws.

Gutsy win against a decent opponent. Hopefully these character building wins will pay off in conference play

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Any win is a good win. They seem to know how to stay cool and not get flustered with the game on the line. But teams have discovered that we have trouble beating the press, and are they going to keep doing it until we show we can stop turning the ball over. The sloppy turnovers have to stop. And I wonder why we never press even on the other team’s last possession just to make the team take a few seconds off of the clock?

ChristoGT

Jolly Good Fellow
I only got to see the highlights. Is Kelly's jumper off that much? He was 2 for 11 overall and the two makes were layups so an 0-fer night. Our shooting stats would have been gaudy without counting his.

Nice win though. Need to go back and watch a replay now.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Random thoughts:

I like to watch who finishes games. Last night George and Sturdivant played together the final five minutes. Right now our core guys are Ndongo, Coleman, Kelly, Reeves, Claude, George, and Sturdivant. I don't think anyone else saw the floor in the final 10+ minutes.

A lot of our turnovers were the result of solid D by UMass. We are not protecting the ball while trying to play fast and their agressive D was effective against us.

Matt Cross is a good player. He plays bigger than 6'7" and Josh Cohen plays smaller then 6'10". Cohen played 33 minutes and got 3 rebounds. Good job by Ndongo and Claude.

We went through a stretch early in the year where we couldn't make much over half our FTs. The good touch seems to be coming back. Thankfully.

The big question for me is, "What happened to Kelly's shooting?" His form looks good and he is taking good shots. They are simply not going in. Some not close.

Right now our best player is Reeves.