2023 GT Football Information Guide

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Thanks for posting this. couple of quick observations:

• Etinosa Reuben and Makius Scott (both DL) have earned single-digit numbers. Not sure if this staff is keeping with the previous arrangement of awarding single digit numbers to top performers, but those are 2 names I hadn't seen much in discussion. (Kyle Kennard is another DL with a single digit #, but I've heard his name quite a bit).
  • Glad to see that Bryce Gowdy is still listed on the roster. If he had gone for 4 years (Covid notwithstanding), this would have been his Senior year.
  • Not that it means anything significant, but I loved that all of the full-color, full-page player spreads (and most of the player photos) were gold or white jerseys. (I personally love the navy jerseys for special occasions, harkening back to the 1990 season I remember fondly, but those gold jerseys are 🔥.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for posting this. couple of quick observations:

• Etinosa Reuben and Makius Scott (both DL) have earned single-digit numbers. Not sure if this staff is keeping with the previous arrangement of awarding single digit numbers to top performers, but those are 2 names I hadn't seen much in discussion. (Kyle Kennard is another DL with a single digit #, but I've heard his name quite a bit).
  • Glad to see that Bryce Gowdy is still listed on the roster. If he had gone for 4 years (Covid notwithstanding), this would have been his Senior year.
  • Not that it means anything significant, but I loved that all of the full-color, full-page player spreads (and most of the player photos) were gold or white jerseys. (I personally love the navy jerseys for special occasions, harkening back to the 1990 season I remember fondly, but those gold jerseys are 🔥.

Interesting question about the numbers. 8 and 9 have had their numbers more than 2 years. Singleton initially got number 7 but got bumped down to 13 when Tatum possibly eaned 7. I do not know what to think about Reuben, White, and Oliver getting the low numbers when Moala is getting the praise. It appears that earning low numbers may no longer be the process?

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
Yeah, I dunno if there’s any rhyme or reason to it anymore, other that kids wanting certain numbers. If Paul Moala wants 13, they can’t make him wear a single digit instead because he’s a starter. I think that was just a goof collins thing he thought was cool and tried to project onto the program. Sure, single digits are cool, but not everyone wants one.

Also, nearly every number 1-23 is duplicate on our roster. Dom #12 is the only one 0-21 that isn’t. I don’t remember that many dupes back in my day. :oldman: We also probably had a few less dudes on the roster.

ThatGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Yeah, I dunno if there’s any rhyme or reason to it anymore, other that kids wanting certain numbers. If Paul Moala wants 13, they can’t make him wear a single digit instead because he’s a starter. I think that was just a goof collins thing he thought was cool and tried to project onto the program. Sure, single digits are cool, but not everyone wants one.

Also, nearly every number 1-23 is duplicate on our roster. Dom #12 is the only one 0-21 that isn’t. I don’t remember that many dupes back in my day. :oldman: We also probably had a few less dudes on the roster.

Right. Who knows? I know a lot of kids liked the lower jersey numbers, but not sure if that's a "thing," or if it's just "first come, first served" now.

Re: the # of dupes, I do remember that in 2020 the NCAA changed the rule re: duplicate jersey numbers. Previously, they had allowed duplicate numbers on one team, but required players to not be on the field at the same time - in 2020, that restriction remained, AND the numbers were restricted to only 1 player on each side of the ball. Apparently, a number of programs had duplicate jersey numbers on the same side of the field, but would just sub out players and not have them on the field at the same time. This was confusing to both opposing teams and announcers, I'm sure.

Still, that doesn't say anything about why there would be more duplicate jersey numbers than there were in the past. No idea why that would be. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

(Also, get off my lawn.) :LOL:

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Don't know how much I trust this being up to date. Jamal Haynes listed at WR. Transfers don't have photos.

DasaniMan

Georgia Tech Fan
Does anyone know how to get a player roster by NUMBER ORDER with NO picture?? Can have height,weight, hometown and yr but not vital.
Go into list view and you can sort by any column