2023 Coaching Carousel

apatriot1776

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t care how much grumbling the Gumps were doing. Where you score 41 points a game and are in the top 5 or 10 of damn near every offensive category, losses are not the fault of the OC. Saban has a headset on, if he doesn’t like what’s going on I’m sure he has the authority to change it. Bama scored 49 points against Tennessee in 2022, BoB did his job, and a damn good one at that.

Point being, BoB is a good coach. I would’ve been very happy had we hired him here, and I think he’d do well at BC
He did end up changing it - Alabama made zero effort to keep BoB on in 2023.

I think he’s an okay coach and would’ve been a whelming hire. I don’t see him as bad as my Alabama family members would claim, nor do I think he’s exceptional (or else he would be in the conversation for Washington or Michigan, not GT and BC)

Anyway, we’re both pretty dug in, so agree to disagree I guess…

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
You guys still arguing if BOB is a good coach or not? He’s a good coach. Not sure he’s all that and a bag of chips.

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
At least it’s more relevant than arguing about cornbread. Lol
1707187621308.png

jojatk

Helluva Engineer
They obviously weren't paying any attention to our kick or punt coverage.
While I agree we had some pretty big issues, especially with kick coverage, I think it's also fair to say that in a pretty short time Ricky helped fix some pretty humongous problems we had on special teams. To get where we did this past year where we had confidence in being able to hit a FG and an extra point and not have every kick or punt blocked is a pretty big deal. Yes, we still had some progress to make. But I think others can see the big improvements he helped us achieve so far.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
While I agree we had some pretty big issues, especially with kick coverage, I think it's also fair to say that in a pretty short time Ricky helped fix some pretty humongous problems we had on special teams. To get where we did this past year where we had confidence in being able to hit a FG and an extra point and not have every kick or punt blocked is a pretty big deal. Yes, we still had some progress to make. But I think others can see the big improvements he helped us achieve so far.
Remember that we Tech folks tend to be very black and white. You’re either great or you totally suck. :p

slugboy

Staff member
I don’t know if this is remotely true, but the carousel just keeps turning this year
(Possibly PJ Fleck from Minnesota to UCLA, which means a different HC opening)