2023 Coaching Carousel

deeznats

Jolly Good Fellow
I think it’s Sherrer
That was my guess too after the Tillman and Thacker news. To me that only makes sense if you aren't cleaning house (which a new DC would).

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
That was my guess too after the Tillman and Thacker news. To me that only makes sense if you aren't cleaning house (which a new DC would).

You really think those 2 are going to stick around with off-field coaching jobs here? No way.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
It's possible Thacker and Tillman already have jobs lined up somewhere else and they are still part of the staff, albeit in lesser roles, to fulfill their contracts. There's a reason why most assistant coaches stay with schools until after signing day...THEN they move on.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I have seen some negatives voiced about Marco on a paid site regarding this recruiting cycle and coaching ability and I am surprised. I always have considered us lucky to have him return. DL is the toughest position to recruit on defense and without a named DC and other position coaches in flux, it would seem to be double trouble. By necessity, it seems to me we will be relying mainly on the portal this year for missing pieces on the DL after our DC is named.
I don't know enough about DL play to comment about Marco's coaching ability but it seems harsh to be too critical of him when a main issue is S&C and talent level.

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
I have seen some negatives voiced about Marco on a paid site regarding this recruiting cycle and coaching ability and I am surprised. I always have considered us lucky to have him return. DL is the toughest position to recruit on defense and without a named DC and other position coaches in flux, it would seem to be double trouble. By necessity, it seems to me we will be relying mainly on the portal this year for missing pieces on the DL after our DC is named.
I don't know enough about DL play to comment about Marco's coaching ability but it seems harsh to be too critical of him when a main issue is S&C and talent level.
Marco is not an experienced coach, but he has tons of experience at the position. Now whether or not he can teach that to players is another thing. He has to have the hosses though. One thing we forget is the empty backfields we see so often today reduces a man at either DL or LB, but you still have 5 OL. A good running QB with a very good OL will make yards, as will an inside give to a WR in motion.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I am willing to wait and see how our D line develops over time with Marco. Rome was not built in a day....