2023 Coaching Carousel

cpf2001

Ramblin' Wreck
The ACC needs some more strength at the very top right now but Duke ain’t gonna be that team and we don’t want them being it anyway, fanbase-size-wise.

So they can be one of the bottom teams that needs to be bad instead of pulling off annoying upsets to create logjams at 5-3.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
The ACC needs some more strength at the very top right now but Duke ain’t gonna be that team and we don’t want them being it anyway, fanbase-size-wise.

So they can be one of the bottom teams that needs to be bad instead of pulling off annoying upsets to create logjams at 5-3.
All ACC teams just need to win their OOC games and not lose to FCS, MAC, and Sun Belt teams.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Depends on the program, just like sociology.

Today people share stories in bars, read some on the internet, put too much faith in their own experience, and listen to some strong opinions by fringe “experts,” and honestly believe they are an expert on everything from epidemiology to psychology to theology to investing in the stock market. Every field requires discipline and rigor if taught in a reputable way.
We’re talking about majors designed to protect athletes from having to be student-athletes. In that context, your last bit pretty much negates your entire post. ;)

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Can’t figure out why he’d leave BYU for UVA, do ok with them, retire, then come back to New Mexico
They had an ESPN article on him within the last 6 months. Why he left BYU IDK. Reasons for leaving UVA - He did move back out West with his horses and land so that was part of the reason but also wanted some time off. He is a pretty intense guy and said he needed a break.

slugboy

Staff member
There are some ways to run in political directions with this article and the way it’s written. I think the bigger thing it talks about is Elko turning his back on his Duke players in a callous way.
Most of his former players found out he left via news or social media.
Some players may follow him. Others feel betrayed
He didn’t leave as badly as Petrino left the Falcons, but it was similar

stinger78

Helluva Engineer
There are some ways to run in political directions with this article and the way it’s written. I think the bigger thing it talks about is Elko turning his back on his Duke players in a callous way.

I haven't read the article yet, but I will. College football is definitely at a crossroads.

I remember back to when Franchione left Bama for TAMU. I was in AL at the time and knew a player on that team. They were very upset with the way he left. Didn't even come back to tell them. Left that to an assistant coach. This after sitting with all of the upper classmen and persuading them to stay through the probation, saying that he was in it for the long haul. Just a bad, bad look.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer

I had heard he did a zoom meeting.

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
For four whole minutes.
Elko: So, let me tell you about this great opportunity I have......(describes wonderful opportunity)...... And in closing, I'll be leaving for that great opportunity post haste..... Are there any questions??
Frustrated Fed Up GIF by CTV Comedy Channel

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Elko: I secretly hit the coaches transfer portal after talking with my family and the NIL money was just too good to pass up.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

Powerful and full of wisdom.

But integrity is not a valuable commodity in today’s college football scene.