2023 Coaching Carousel

The Doddfather

Jolly Good Fellow
Anybody else notice Deuce on the sidelines multiple times during the Texas game today? Man I love his energy. Really want Tashard back home on this staff. Other than DMo, I think he’s shown the most passion for our program than anyone I’ve seen in the last 25 years. And he’s gained some great experience. While we’re at it, now that the clown show is gone that ran everybody off, let’s bring DMo and Deuce back to the flats!

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
Anybody else notice Deuce on the sidelines multiple times during the Texas game today? Man I love his energy. Really want Tashard back home on this staff. Other than DMo, I think he’s shown the most passion for our program than anyone I’ve seen in the last 25 years. And he’s gained some great experience. While we’re at it, now that the clown show is gone that ran everybody off, let’s bring DMo and Deuce back to the flats!
I had an opportunity to attend a USCe game the past 2 seasons and before the season started this year, we got a chance to tour "The Willie B".
DMo was at the stadium.during our tour, as I saw him, I said "it's time to turn the yellow jackets loose"....
He gave us a huge smile and we spoke briefly...
He is happy in "Clumbia"...
but he didn't dismiss a return home either..
What a great guy!

1979jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Willie Fritz announced at Houston. Doesn’t seem staying on for the bowl game is an issue this time. Guess he decided it was time to cash in.
It appeared to me him not coming to Tech was all about money and guarantees - otherwise he would have been here. Houston has a lot of money.

Papa Foxtrot

Jolly Good Fellow
Can’t figure out why he’d leave BYU for UVA, do ok with them, retire, then come back to New Mexico
IIRC, there was scuttlebutt of something else going on. Apparently, either him or his family wasn't happy on the east coast. This move fits that narrative, I suppose - getting him back out west.

CEB

Helluva Engineer
IIRC, there was scuttlebutt of something else going on. Apparently, either him or his family wasn't happy on the east coast. This move fits that narrative, I suppose - getting him back out west.
I recall that as well.
East coast…

IMG_7862.jpeg