2023 ACC Schedule

dmurdock

Jolly Good Fellow
Link to the ACC's website:

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
What did that fool say
https://tarheelswire.usatoday.com/2...t-do-us-any-favors-i-didnt-think-it-was-fair/

Brown made it evident his displeasure in what was given to the Tar Heels.

“When you see the ACC schedule tonight, you’ll see they didn’t do us any favors. It’s really, really difficult,” Brown told reporters earlier in the afternoon. “We start tough and we finish with an unbelievably tough schedule. So I’m disappointed. I told them I didn’t like it. I didn’t think it was fair. But it is what it is and that’s what we got. So you’ll see what I’m talking about tonight. It won’t take long for you to figure it out.”

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I don't see any of those schedules being tougher than ours, and some clown doesn't even put us in as one of the six toughest?

And this is our easiest schedule in awhile.
They have UVA at 5th hardest, and they don't even play Clemson, FSU, Notre Dame, or Pitt. They have one game against a decent opponent, Tennessee, nobody else that finished ranked.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, joke of an article. I could have done better picking 6 teams at random. The author is a product of the NC university system, wonder if that had any influence on his #1 pick...
Oh I'm sure it played a big part in it. I probably didn't convey my sarcasm the best in my post, but I couldn't help but laugh when I was reading his "justifications" for why he picked the teams he did.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

I have never met any grown up (M or F) that I ever took seriously use the word "fair" in a sentence, unless it involved Tilt-A-Whirls, corn dogs and tractor pulls. I had no real opinion of Coach Brown until now, but this comment makes him seem like an adolescent imo. Who above 18 in their right mind still clings to the idea that things are "fair"?

CEB

Helluva Engineer
I’m not sure the writer would draw the same distinction but “Toughest Schedule in the ACC” is not the same as the “Toughest ACC Schedule.”
I don’t think I put Carolina at the top of either list, regardless.
Not that I’ll cry for Duke, but their ACC schedule catches everyone who would be considered a contender at this point...
Clemson, FSU, NCST, Pitt, UNC and ND thrown in for good measure. They’re fortunate to avoid the Jackets or this would be an ACC murderers row!

Looking at the OOC slate, no doubt that Minnesota and Cocky are tough games, but is that pair tougher than Ole Miss and UGA? (Hell no)
Is it tougher than LSU/Florida (FSU)?
Much tougher than Cincy / WVU in Morgantown (Pitt)?
I think this is a lesson in perspective. When the ACC perpetually awards them schedules as soft as a baby bottom, this one probably does look pretty daunting. Poor Mack! :ROFLMAO:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I have never met any grown up (M or F) that I ever took seriously use the word "fair" in a sentence, unless it involved Tilt-A-Whirls, corn dogs and tractor pulls. I had no real opinion of Coach Brown until now, but this comment makes him seem like an adolescent imo. Who above 18 in their right mind still clings to the idea that things are "fair"?
My wife. No, really. My wife.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
My wife. No, really. My wife.
Your wife is more than likely a lovely person...but as I said before, I don't believe there has ever been anyone whose opinion I respected who ever used that word in the context that Mack Brown did. It's akin imo to believing in the Easter Bunny or the Great Pumpkin. Perhaps if I ever met your wife I might be dissuaded however.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Your wife is more than likely a lovely person...but as I said before, I don't believe there has ever been anyone whose opinion I respected who ever used that word in the context that Mack Brown did. It's akin imo to believing in the Easter Bunny or the Great Pumpkin. Perhaps if I ever met your wife I might be dissuaded however.
Probably not. Very smart, very idealistic.

slugboy

Staff member
https://247sports.com/LongFormArtic...est-slates-next-season-203960002/#203960002_6

Here's a link to one writer's opinion of the top 6 toughest football schedules for ACC schools.
I found the writer.
Drunk On One GIF

Tech Lawyer

Jolly Good Fellow
I am looking forward to attending the road game at Miami. The wife likes heading south. When that weekend approaches, the Swarm members should pick a convenient sports bar on Friday night to get fired up about the game.