2022 Atlanta Braves

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
I mean, I guess I'd wanna be super sure if I'm giving that contract. But dang it's been that many years?

What they think gonna happen? It's gonna detach midslide? If it was gonna shorten his career, wouldn't we be seeing signs of that now? Or could they be suggesting his recent injury was related?

So many questions.

Obviously the Giants, and now the Mets, have seen something in the physical that is giving them pause. Got to be fire when there is this much smoke.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, yeah, yeah but tell me how they're gonna replace defense at SS.
I believe as it stands now, the name is Vaughn Grissom. Risky going with a young kid as SS, yes. But the Yankees took that risk many years ago with a kid named Derek Jeter, and it worked out for them. With the success of many of the Braves minor league players coming up lately, I think it's a risk worth taking, at least for the first month or so. Unless the Braves want to steal Correa from the Mets with his supposed "leg injury" like the Mets did to the Giants...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I believe as it stands now, the name is Vaughn Grissom. Risky going with a young kid as SS, yes. But the Yankees took that risk many years ago with a kid named Derek Jeter, and it worked out for them. With the success of many of the Braves minor league players coming up lately, I think it's a risk worth taking, at least for the first month or so. Unless the Braves want to steal Correa from the Mets with his supposed "leg injury" like the Mets did to the Giants...

Ah, this makes me feel good. My guy cincym has promised Jeter, so I'll accept nothing less. ;)

And yall can keep ol' Correa aka Mr. Glass apparently.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Looks like the Correa/Mets deal is all but done. He's reportedly about to sign with the Twins...

Whatever happened to his leg is obviously a major red flag for teams...

Apparently not if you're the Twins. Does anyone in Minnesota feel a bit funny they ok'd it but literally every other team saw the xray and went ...

I Dont Think So No Way GIF by The Steve Wilkos Show

Terrifying Hell To The No GIF by Rosanna Pansino

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
The Twins won big in this. They were already prepared to re-sign him, they just didn't want to give him a decade. Instead, they now get to keep him for just 6 years, probably limiting possible future financial damage if the leg is considered more of a "down the road" issue.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
Just throwing this out there, but if you are truly tired of Ozuna's actions and terrible play, why not offer him straight up for Bauer? Bauer's contract ends after the season, while Ozuna's has at least one more year with a club option for '25. Makes you pay about $6.5M more this year, but clears your books after that. Just spitballing it out there....

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Eh, pass. Atleast our guy owned up to his mistake(s). Seems like the other guy thinks he's the victim. Let somebody else worry about untangling that one.