2022 Atlanta Braves

Tennessee GT Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
@Tennessee GT Fan I want to follow this thread to get news about the Braves, but I don't need this much detail. You're tempting me to ignore you or the thread. I beg you to ease off a bit on the frequency. Thanks.
I'm sorry you don't like my posting on here you can do what you want to do however. I'm tempted to find a Braves message board and come back here maybe in August when football season is about to kick off.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I'm sorry you don't like my posting on here you can do what you want to do however. I'm tempted to find a Braves message board and come back here maybe in August when football season is about to kick off.
Hey Mike;
Please come join us: https://247sports.com/college/georgia-tech/board/104174/Contents/braves-june-188198427/?page=13

Would love to have you! I’ve been on The Hive/Go Jackets for over two decades. Some of the best people and yes, some left us.

May God bless and keep you well!

Thanks,
Kirk(kjmc15)

Edited to say- Free board and they also a V.I.P. Membership with small annual fees.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I actually like your posts, so please don't leave. I have the Braves thread on "Watch" so I get an email message every time someone posts there. My in box was filling up with Tennessee GT Fan notifications. That was as far as my request went, but please ignore my post. I am turning off "watch" for this thread. Peace.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I actually like your posts, so please don't leave. I have the Braves thread on "Watch" so I get an email message every time someone posts there. My in box was filling up with Tennessee GT Fan notifications. That was as far as my request went, but please ignore my post. I am turning off "watch" for this thread. Peace.
I actually liked your post. There is such a thing as overposting. When I looked, Tennessee GT fan had 108 posts the first week. His posting habits caused me to put him on "ignore" under his last font, not because I didn't like what he was saying, I just couldn't handle the 20 posts in a row by the same font. @Tennessee GT Fan Please consolidate, as I appreciate what you have to say.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Have the Braves said how long Albies will be out?

No but I bet a jacket fan from TN would have an update ....

Scared Season 1 GIF by The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

No, although it’s typically 4-6 weeks or 10-12 with complications.

@kg01 probably has a more qualified take, since he developed a foot fetish while eating too much ice cream.

Heeeey, don't knock til ya try it, amirite?

..... I mean he ice cream, not the foot thing. :whistle:

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Man, anybody remember that clown that was begging the Braves to trade Riley? What a dumbarse.

Glad we were able to convince that guy to change his mind. Whatever happened to that clown anyways?

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Man, anybody remember that clown that was begging the Braves to trade Riley? What a dumbarse.

Glad we were able to convince that guy to change his mind. Whatever happened to that clown anyways?

Awkward Season 4 GIF by The Office
Idk what happened to that guy, but good riddance. He had some weird taste in ice cream anyways.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I probably post too much under GTWBB. Trying to get on an intervention program for that dependency. Lol.

Thought I’d share something I typed up for the other Braves forum I participate in:
“Kudos to Dana Brown. Drafting after the first two rounds with Michael Harris, Spencer Strider and Bryce Elder. Insisting on giving Tyler Matzek a two year MiLB contract out of an independent league to secure him. Tucker Davidson, et al. Great job, much overlooked.
The book is being compiled on how to pitch to Harris. I don’t think he will swoon. His swing is more compact, a gap, natural hitter. Excellent plate discipline if you’ve noticed? It took the power hitting Riley, to readjust after the “book” was written. If you recall, I said way back in the beginning his ceiling was Mike Trout and his floor was Troy Glaus. Now that Trout is slumping & aging a bit, who knows if Austin could end up with better numbers”?

Did my own poll on present younger guys playing the game right now, this past week. Results thus far from 7, including 1 who pitches. All dislike the “over shifts.” A few different reasons, one that is repeated by most is “we are not video game participants.” IMPO, I don’t use the word hate often, however, I despise the shift. Including playing directly over the second base bag. To each his own opinion.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
I probably post too much under GTWBB. Trying to get on an intervention program for that dependency. Lol.

Thought I’d share something I typed up for the other Braves forum I participate in:
“Kudos to Dana Brown. Drafting after the first two rounds with Michael Harris, Spencer Strider and Bryce Elder. Insisting on giving Tyler Matzek a two year MiLB contract out of an independent league to secure him. Tucker Davidson, et al. Great job, much overlooked.
The book is being compiled on how to pitch to Harris. I don’t think he will swoon. His swing is more compact, a gap, natural hitter. Excellent plate discipline if you’ve noticed? It took the power hitting Riley, to readjust after the “book” was written. If you recall, I said way back in the beginning his ceiling was Mike Trout and his floor was Troy Glaus. Now that Trout is slumping & aging a bit, who knows if Austin could end up with better numbers”?

Did my own poll on present younger guys playing the game right now, this past week. Results thus far from 7, including 1 who pitches. All dislike the “over shifts.” A few different reasons, one that is repeated by most is “we are not video game participants.” IMPO, I don’t use the word hate often, however, I despise the shift. Including playing directly over the second base bag. To each his own opinion.
Buzz, your posts at GTWBB keep me well informed. Keep it up!

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

And I don't like the shift as well. But until hitters adjust, MLB teams will do what they think they can do to get outs. What I can't understand is when they're playing a shift, say against a left handed hitter, the shift is towards the first base side of 2B, and they pitch the hitter away... A good hitter is going to take that the other way every time, no?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
And I don't like the shift as well. But until hitters adjust, MLB teams will do what they think they can do to get outs. What I can't understand is when they're playing a shift, say against a left handed hitter, the shift is towards the first base side of 2B, and they pitch the hitter away... A good hitter is going to take that the other way every time, no?
I’ve noticed that too. Are there just a shortage of good hitters, that can hit it where it’s pitched?
Hearing per the new agreement, that next season the shift changes with 2 infielders must be on each side of second base? I’m way too lazy to find that and read through it all. Someone will have to get a law hat on? Lol.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
I’ve noticed that too. Are there just a shortage of good hitters, that can hit it where it’s pitched?
Hearing per the new agreement, that next season the shift changes with 2 infielders must be on each side of second base? I’m way too lazy to find that and read through it all. Someone will have to get a law hat on? Lol.
These are the changes in 2023:
  • Larger bases, First, second and third base will go from from 15 inches squared to 18 inches.
  • A 14 second pitch clock, maybe 19 seconds with a runner on base
  • A ban on defensive shifts. Teams must have two infielders on each side of second base

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Can we just trade Olson to the Dodgers and get Fred-E bak already?

Just bring 'im home, Ant... Anthop.....Anthopolis.

Just .... just bring 'im home.

Breaking Bad Crying GIF