2022 Atlanta Braves

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I imagine the agency representing Freeman, sure disliked the Braves trade yesterday. Taking a major player out of the bidding war that they created. I’m not against the player getting his market share, however some times it backfires. My analogy is in the Shark Tank. When only one shark is still in, the offer goes downwards. Not much to negotiate for the contestant. On the contrary, when the sharks bid against one another, the value goes up. Skyrocketing.

If it’s true that the Braves offered 5 @ 130m. before the strike in Dec. and then countered this weekend with different scenarios which included a 5 @ 145m. including a club option for a 6th year, then Freddie is going to have a more difficult time getting those numbers in his late 30’s. Reportedly, he still has a 3 year out there at 120m.??

Is there any scenario where he returns, considering the DH is a 'thing' now?

If not, just lie to me or I'll take it out on Matt(sic).

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Is there any scenario where he returns, considering the DH is a 'thing' now?

If not, just lie to me or I'll take it out on Matt(sic).
I believe Ozuna has that DH thingy locked up. Salary wise, it wouldn’t work. Now if you asked me if we can afford those last two MVP guys of the NLCS & WS, I’d say yes. This extra time before the regular season gives us an opportunity for another one of those one year deals for a decent SP.

Here goes the lie told last, so it will stick in the mind as reality in the previous paragraph never existed. Sign FF, trade for Justin Verlander who inked a contract last November and sign Carlos Correa. Sign Joc and give him a years supply of wine. Eddie and Jorge will play and take deferred money.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I believe Ozuna has that DH thingy locked up. Salary wise, it wouldn’t work. Now if you asked me if we can afford those last two MVP guys of the NLCS & WS, I’d say yes. This extra time before the regular season gives us an opportunity for another one of those one year deals for a decent SP.

Here goes the lie told last, so it will stick in the mind as reality in the previous paragraph never existed.
Sign FF, trade for Justin Verlander who inked a contract last November and sign Carlos Correa. Sign Joc and give him a years supply of wine. Eddie and Jorge will play and take deferred money.

Hear that, boys!? Buzzb says the gang's comin' back intact!

Billy Crystal Cowboy GIF

:sneaky:

jayparr

Helluva Engineer

Here goes the lie told last, so it will stick in the mind as reality in the previous paragraph never existed. Sign FF, trade for Justin Verlander who inked a contract last November and sign Carlos Correa. Sign Joc and give him a years supply of wine. Eddie and Jorge will play and take deferred money.
I would not trust Ozuna, and we have at least one extra out fielder available as the dh!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I would not trust Ozuna, and we have at least one extra out fielder available as the dh!
I can give you like 64 million reasons why Ozuna will play. Doesn’t matter what you and I think about him hitting/choking a woman. The Braves care about him hitting period, and getting their dollars out of his hide. He apologized to the team yesterday, laughing at the batting cage with Acuna and Albies. Ronald is hoping to play and get cleared in May.

Right now, Duvall in LF, Heredia in CF, Arcia in RF. Max Fried would be your DH when not pitching. Alex Ant. has work to do, and a little more time now to do it in.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Love this pickup. Now we just need a left handed hitting outfielder. I would prefer to get Pederson or Rosario, but my dream pickup would be Bryan Reynolds. He would cost a lot and I doubt that we would give up more after giving up so much for Olson, but Reynolds would put us over the top.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I can give you like 64 million reasons why Ozuna will play. Doesn’t matter what you and I think about him hitting/choking a woman. The Braves care about him hitting period, and getting their dollars out of his hide. He apologized to the team yesterday, laughing at the batting cage with Acuna and Albies. Ronald is hoping to play and get cleared in May.

Right now, Duvall in LF, Heredia in CF, Arcia in RF. Max Fried would be your DH when not pitching. Alex Ant. has work to do, and a little more time now to do it in.
Where is rivera and solerna? Oh and ozuna did not hit well last year while he played!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Love this pickup. Now we just need a left handed hitting outfielder. I would prefer to get Pederson or Rosario, but my dream pickup would be Bryan Reynolds. He would cost a lot and I doubt that we would give up more after giving up so much for Olson, but Reynolds would put us over the top.
I’ll settle for Nick Castellanos, a guy who always hits.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Buzz, what about those 2 outfielders that I mentioned?
Not in the organization.

You need to Google Marcel Ozuna’s stats. for his career. I know you don’t like him, but Freddie was hitting for a lesser average at the time M.O. left the team.
I don’t care for what he did, either. In 2020, he was arguably the best production hitter in both leagues. The long term contract he got at that time was deserved.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Reportedly when the Braves were at 5 yrs. & 135 m., it was what Paul Goldschmidt got plus 1 million $ extra for each year- guaranteed.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves signed this veteran for 1 m. non-guaranteed this morning. Put him on the 40 man roster. Moved Soroka to the 60 day I.L.-

For those keeping score where F.F’s 30 m. went for ‘22…
Matt “that’s his name’o“ Olson = 15 m.
McHugh = 5 m.
Rosario or NLCS MVP = 9 m.
Dickerson = 1 m.

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
Braves signed this veteran for 1 m. non-guaranteed this morning. Put him on the 40 man roster. Moved Soroka to the 60 day I.L.-

For those keeping score where F.F’s 30 m. went for ‘22…
Matt “that’s his name’o“ Olson = 15 m.
McHugh = 5 m.
Rosario or NLCS MVP = 9 m.
Dickerson = 1 m.

The Dickerson move was just a standard roster move that happens at the start of Spring Training.

McHugh and Rosario definitely fill slots in the roster. I'd like to see another OF unless they think Drew Waters is ready and one of those declining veteran, back of the rotation type pitchers.

Edit: and sign Freddie. Olson or Freddie can alternate playing RF.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Freddie said goodbye today in an Instagram post. I’d share it, but @kg01 will ball out tears. I can’t be responsible for flooding his home.

Pederson has reached agreement with San Franny.

Braves were leading for Jorge Soler coming into today. New Fish owner Bruce Sherman is throwing some bucks at him. He hit .269 w/ 14 blasts coming over to Atl. after the trade last season.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Freddie said goodbye today in an Instagram post. I’d share it, but @kg01 will ball out tears. I can’t be responsible for flooding his home.

Pederson has reached agreement with San Franny.

Braves were leading for Jorge Soler coming into today. New Fish owner Bruce Sherman is throwing some bucks at him. He hit .269 w/ 14 blasts coming over to Atl. after the trade last season.

What If Ok GIF by Ryn Dean