2022-23 GTWBB

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not sour grapes, but I'm not interested. I'm interested in our signees. Good luck to her but I wouldn't mind if I'm not reminded of her (hint hint).
i will try to not bring her up again, unless she hits the transfer portal.
Seriously thought about not posting her signing. We followed her for so long.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
i will try to not bring her up again, unless she hits the transfer portal.
Seriously thought about not posting her signing. We followed her for so long.
I'm in agreement that there is no longer any interest in my part on how well she does. She chose not to be part of our program and regardless of the reasons why, I don't need to know how she fares at LaSalle or any other place unless she should reconsider being part of our team. I understand why some may be interested in how she does given how much time we invested in her on this site and others, but we don't follow the progress of of individuals outside of our program on a regular basis so I don't feel the need to receive updates on her either. Maybe someone could create an individual thread dedicated to her progress for those who feel differently.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I'm in agreement that there is no longer any interest in my part on how well she does. She chose not to be part of our program and regardless of the reasons why, I don't need to know how she fares at LaSalle or any other place unless she should reconsider being part of our team. I understand why some may be interested in how she does given how much time we invested in her on this site and others, but we don't follow the progress of of individuals outside of our program on a regular basis so I don't feel the need to receive updates on her either. Maybe someone could create an individual thread dedicated to her progress for those who feel differently.
Bet she's still on Nell's contact list.

Lightbulb

Jolly Good Fellow
Nell is still following her on Twitter. And, she is still following Nell. With the portal an essential element of recruiting it makes sense that coaches and players maintain positive contacts. I don't think there is anything different here than posting comments about what Gibbs is doing at Bama.
100% this. I was upset we lost her, but I'm definitely still interested in how she does mainly because of the portal.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Nell is still following her on Twitter. And, she is still following Nell. With the portal an essential element of recruiting it makes sense that coaches and players maintain positive contacts. I don't think there is anything different here than posting comments about what Gibbs is doing at Bama.
Beg to differ. Gibbs actually played for Tech. Melious never played a minute for us.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Beg to differ. Gibbs actually played for Tech. Melious never played a minute for us.
If one can de-commit for “good” reasons, it sounds like she did. Got to respect that and realize she may still come back once she grows up a little and decides to be more independent. If she tears up things at Lasalle that can only be good (unless we play them in an NCAA tournament game).

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I wonder why she didn't get any interest from Temple, Villanova, or Rutgers.
This is my read and could be wrong.

She discouraged recruiters from other schools while she was committed to GT until her mom's most recent health scare. She decided she needed to stay close to home to help with her sister. None of this says she was not contacted by the other Philly schools or Rutgers. Those would have been decent choices.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Good win against KSU today. Next week will be big as we play both Auburn (Wednesday) and the gaggers (Sunday).

Here is a photo of the last stat board they showed on the score board with about 50 seconds to go. Final was 65-39.

20221113_154352.jpg

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
A total takedown of Kennesaw State today as expected. I really liked what I saw of freshman Ines Noguero in her brief cameo. Swartz led Tech scorers with 14, but the bench got some good minutes today. And we have some athletes coming up. Wow!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Noguero’s minutes were awesome! Hard to say how the other 9 players on the court were feeling in the context of her minutes but she played with intensity regardless.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
A lot of positives today. Both Swartz and Jackson were solid again. Kara Dunn looks like she will be another scoring option for us. She is very smooth around the basket. Kayla Blackshear is another one that looks very steady with both her rebounding and interior scoring. Not sure what is going on with Love. She was 1-9 from the field and once again her shots are no where close. Her demeanor while she is in the game appears disinterested. Not sure if this is a result of her losing her starting spot, but if she doesn't pick it up the combination of Blackshear and Dunn will take away her minutes.