2021 NCAA Golf Regionals

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I have played that course numerous times many years ago when I lived in the area. Back then it was a public golf course and was certainly not of the calibre to host a tournament like this. In fact, our company had a golf league there. I witnessed a guy shank the ball completely from about 15 feet from #9 green in 4 or 5 shots to end up where he started. In this sequence the ball never once touched the putting surface. My partner, a low single digit handicapper, had a hole in one on one of the par three's and the lounge area of the clubhouse was closed for remodeling. Alcohol was unavailable. Probably saved him $500 or more.

Good luck to our golf team. I don't care where they finish...as long as it's ahead of Uga!!

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Tech reeling in the field on the easier Front 9 after starting in the Back 9. Sitting in 3rd. FSU running away with it at home.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
719E4A35-0FFA-4E33-ACE8-A3F57AE6D516.jpeg

GT1988

Jolly Good Fellow
Looking like the Jackets will finish the day 2nd. uga fell a bit after a strong start and is tied for 4th.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Holding strong in 2nd. Keep in mind we started on the Front 9 today along with FSU/Liberty which played a lot easier yesterday. So the lead the top 3 has might shrink as the day goes on.

2BD22699-DC1B-4392-A004-FFBBB652BC11.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

We sure do play some strange holes. Just played #10 at 6-over. 3 different GT guys took double bogeys all at the same time. Huh?

Deleted member 2897

Georgia just had a guy take an 8 on a par 4 on the 2nd to last hole. They're now 1 stroke to the good on Ohio State to not get knocked out and sent home. Ohio State on the back 9 has 1 single bogey out of their 42 holes played out of 45 (5 players). They're on a tear.

Deleted member 2897

Well, we finished 3rd in the region after today, but only because yesterday was so good. We collapsed at the end again, having 4 bogeys in the last couple holes - not a single Tech player broke par on the final 9. Crazy. We are currently in 8th on today's round, so its fortunate yesterday was such a good score.

Deleted member 2897

On a side note, I don't know if you guys saw this, but a women's regional was canceled and the top 6 seeds advanced just because of their seeds, without having to play. They didn't move it to another course, they even admitted the course was playable. But they said the conditions weren't good enough to host a championship. Wow.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
On a side note, I don't know if you guys saw this, but a women's regional was canceled and the top 6 seeds advanced just because of their seeds, without having to play. They didn't move it to another course, they even admitted the course was playable. But they said the conditions weren't good enough to host a championship. Wow.

I was following that and surprisingly, Barstool Sports has stepped up in a big way to give the girls from the schools who were not able to compete and opportunity to play in a tournament in Phoenix this week.

As of Monday, players from 13 schools including Mississippi State had committed to play in the event. Their travel, lodging and food expenses will all be covered by Barstool and its partners. Riggs listed five sponsors who pledged to contribute a total of roughly $70,000 as of Saturday. He said there would be more added by the time the first ball is struck Thursday.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Just teed off for the final round. Paired with FSU/Liberty again. Starting in the Front 9 so hopefully it’s not b-hole-pucker time on the back.

In other regional news, entering the final round #1 overall seed Oklahoma is sitting 9th in the Albuquerque Regional - 5 shots back of 5th.

Deleted member 2897

The only team who collapsed more than we did yesterday was TCU. Lord they fell apart the second half of the day. And Ohio State played flawless 2nd half golf - 45 holes with 1 single combined bogey.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Today should just be a formality. Do todays results effect seeding(?) for the championship?

I expect if we play today under par* we will move on to the championship with ease.

Deleted member 2897

Looks like we swapped out our #5 player for an alternate. Maybe he had such a bad day because he had some sort of injury? Anyway, #6 player Bartley Forrester is off to a great start, having parred his first straight 5 holes. I'm sure I'll jinx him typing this.

Keep an eye out for TCU and Kansas. Ohio State has roared all the way back from several strokes back to catch georgia for the #4 spot. Kansas and TCU are about 5 strokes back tied in 6th and 7th. We can always hope for someone to catch georgia and spit them out the back.