2021 Color Debate

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Wasn’t sure where else to put this but the Academc side just did a brand refresh and basically just reiterated what me and several others have said and want. White and Tech Gold are our primary colors with a trim of Navy blue.
Looks good
From your link, our primary colors are listed as gold, navy blue, and white...

"Colors | Brand Guide" https://brand.gatech.edu/our-look/colors

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
From your link, our primary colors are listed as gold, navy blue, and white...

"Colors | Brand Guide" https://brand.gatech.edu/our-look/colors
I’m taking it from the statement they put out. Primary of White and Gold and adding navy blue to the color palette like our sports teams. Says our Primary colors are white and gold. Pretty clear to me 🤷‍♂️
DB1B7916-2494-4B02-A9BA-9CB0980C4EB3.jpeg

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
It is definitely a big change to have the academic side finally recognize the primary interlocking GT logo. Definitely a focus on white and gold and maybe a reduction in the division between the hill and the AA? Maybe only symbolic but still.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
I’m taking it from the statement they put out. Primary of White and Gold and adding navy blue to the color palette like our sports teams. Says our Primary colors are white and gold. Pretty clear to me 🤷‍♂️
View attachment 11067
It literally says in what you posted that blue has been added as a primary color, and directly below it on that page that blue is a primary color now. Its not a secondary color for "trim".

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
It literally says in what you posted that blue has been added as a primary color, and directly below it on that page that blue is a primary color now. Its not a secondary color for "trim".
I also see/read that as saying navy has been added as a primary. Which is then what the accompanying color chart states. So they’ve actually not gone back and said “white and gold are our primaries and we will reduce the navy,” to me they’ve actually said “you guys complain that we use navy too much when it’s not a primary color, well…now we’ve made it a primary color.”

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I also see/read that as saying navy has been added as a primary. Which is then what the accompanying color chart states. So they’ve actually not gone back and said “white and gold are our primaries and we will reduce the navy,” to me they’ve actually said “you guys complain that we use navy too much when it’s not a primary color, well…now we’ve made it a primary color.”
And it allows all of this (watch the amount of navy on these pages make some heads explode) to be listed on adidas.com under GT gear. lol!

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Different wordmark style than athletics. Both equally bad, imo. That's the hill I will die on and you can't convince me otherwise!!!!!!!!!!

(note the # of exclamation points to prove I mean business)

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Different wordmark style than athletics. Both equally bad, imo. That's the hill I will die on and you can't convince me otherwise!!!!!!!!!!

(note the # of exclamation points to prove I mean business)
The G in the wordmarks bother me, like they were stolen from a different font.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
It says refining our primary colors White and Gold. If you read the whole thing it’s pretty clear navy is seen as third or preferred as the “trim” color. Even says the navy logo can’t be used on merchandising or apparel. That’s not a primary color. Plus this is the new logo for the school. Looks white and gold to me
9C789973-58F8-4838-9B97-F46F317AA2F6.jpeg

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
It says refining our primary colors White and Gold. If you read the whole thing it’s pretty clear navy is seen as third or preferred as the “trim” color. Even says the navy logo can’t be used on merchandising or apparel. That’s not a primary color. Plus this is the new logo for the school. Looks white and gold to me
View attachment 11074
lol okay, agree to disagree.

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Paging supersize…