2021 Baseball Schedule

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Here's what I've gleaned so far from other schedules. Not quite half of a 50-game schedule. Also... I am certain I saw 2 games v Ga Southern, but just went back to their schedule to get dates & only see the one game against them now.

Feb 19-21 Eastern Kentucky
Feb 26-28
Mar 5-7
Mar 12-14
Mar 17 Ga Southern
Mar 19-21 at Wake Forest
Mar 26-28 at Duke (DBAP)
Apr 2-4
Apr 9-11 Notre Dame*
Apr 16-18
Apr 23-25 Florida State
April 30 - May 2
May 7-9 Clemson
May 14-16 at Miami
May 20-22
May 25-30 ACC Tournament
[*Home or Away TBD]

Not playing Boston College in regular season

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Every year... but usually the process stretches from late summer to January. Ga Tech is consistently the last ACC team to publish its schedule.

I don't think the GTAA is aware that the teams they put on the fields/courts/diamonds/etc. have these things known as "fans" which are people that want to see and support (financially and in person) these teams. Granted, there is not many of us and the number of us seem to dwindle each year, but the indifference of the GTAA towards its customers is something that has taken place now for decades and has become institutionalized. Of all the tasks at the feet of ADTS, changing the culture in that building may be his most important challenge. Rant over. Go Jackets.

jatchet

Jolly Good Fellow
These must be the home games, based on the season ticket renewal email. They still don't appear to have provided the full schedule anywhere I can find.
file-c13ab78b-65c8-4dbb-83e2-a061b937579d.jpeg

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
These must be the home games, based on the season ticket renewal email. They still don't appear to have provided the full schedule anywhere I can find.View attachment 9734
Ok. HUGE DISCLAIMER... This is my educated guess (using some assumptions) on the ACC schedule along with 4 out of conference games scheduled (already released) by those opponents.

Feb 26-28
Mar 5-7 Louisville
Mar 12-14 Pittsburgh
Mar 17 Ga Southern

Mar 19-21 at Wake Forest
Mar 26-28 at Duke (DBAP)
Apr 2-4 Virginia
Apr 9-11 at Notre Dame
Apr 16-18 at NC State
Apr 23-25 Florida State
April 30 - May 2 at Va Tech
May 7-9 Clemson
May 14-16 at Miami
May 20-22 North Carolina
May 25-30 ACC Tournament - Location/Venue TBD

This is a bit of a house of cards should one or both of these 2 big assumptions prove false:
- Ga Tech opens ACC play weekend #3 (& not 2nd weekend)
- the ACC home schedule list put out in season ticket renewal email is in chronological order (it seemed to be based on what I already knew)

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Ok. HUGE DISCLAIMER... This is my educated guess (using some assumptions) on the ACC schedule along with 4 out of conference games scheduled (already released) by those opponents.

Feb 26-28
Mar 5-7 Louisville
Mar 12-14 Pittsburgh
Mar 17 Ga Southern

Mar 19-21 at Wake Forest
Mar 26-28 at Duke (DBAP)
Apr 2-4 Virginia
Apr 9-11 at Notre Dame
Apr 16-18 at NC State
Apr 23-25 Florida State
April 30 - May 2 at Va Tech
May 7-9 Clemson
May 14-16 at Miami
May 20-22 North Carolina

This is a bit of a house of cards should one or both of these 2 big assumptions prove false:
- Ga Tech opens ACC play weekend #3 (& not 2nd weekend)
- the ACC home schedule list put out in season ticket renewal email is in chronological order (it seemed to be based on what I already knew)
Wow...we get Louisville right out of the gate...OMG. I am happier that we get teams like Miami and UNC late in the season....

THWG

Helluva Engineer
ADD UGA as follows... 2 midweek games:
Apr 27th at UGA
May 18th UGA

Well, I'm disappointed that we won't play them on a weekend and it's only 2 games so they could split with us. At least we play them, though.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Wow...we get Louisville right out of the gate...OMG. I am happier that we get teams like Miami and UNC late in the season....
If we're playing Miami in Atlanta, I like the late season matchup. If we're playing them in Miami, I prefer the early season March matchup. Makes it a much easier decision to drive down to Florida from Ohio to see spring training games in the Port St. Lucie/West Palm Beach/Jupiter area while also seeing the Jackets play in Miami. If they eventually push the start of the college baseball season back, that is the #1 thing I will miss that I have been taking advantage of for the last half decade or so. I won't miss seeing us play Howard, Georgia State, or Kennesaw State in 30 degree or below temperatures in Atlanta. Or the same at Pittsburgh or Notre Dame... But, making a 2 week trip to Miami in mid March while taking in a half dozen or more spring training games and catching up with good friends on the east coast of Florida... I would miss that. Keep the GT at Miami series in mid to late March!

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Well, I'm disappointed that we won't play them on a weekend and it's only 2 games so they could split with us. At least we play them, though.
Georgia flaked on the weekend series. They made it known they weren’t going to play a 3 game weekend set well before the SEC made their scheduling decision. Which is disappointing since Clemson and SC are playing. I think it’s mostly because Tech is projected to be better than them, and they didn’t want the 3 game set. I’m sure they’ll play their usual OOC slate full of teams with RPIs in the 200s, so they can go into conference play beating their chests about a 12-1 record or whatever it turns out to be.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
If we're playing Miami in Atlanta, I like the late season matchup. If we're playing them in Miami, I prefer the early season March matchup. Makes it a much easier decision to drive down to Florida from Ohio to see spring training games in the Port St. Lucie/West Palm Beach/Jupiter area while also seeing the Jackets play in Miami. If they eventually push the start of the college baseball season back, that is the #1 thing I will miss that I have been taking advantage of for the last half decade or so. I won't miss seeing us play Howard, Georgia State, or Kennesaw State in 30 degree or below temperatures in Atlanta. Or the same at Pittsburgh or Notre Dame... But, making a 2 week trip to Miami in mid March while taking in a half dozen or more spring training games and catching up with good friends on the east coast of Florida... I would miss that. Keep the GT at Miami series in mid to late March!
Count me jealous! Hope it works out and you can enjoy all the above ..... I will just live vicariously through you Cincy!

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Ok... I think I need abandon an assumption... the one regarding the weekend Ga Tech will open ACC play. Now I'm thinking the schedule looks more like this...

Feb 26-28 at NC State
Mar 5-7 Louisville
Mar 12-14 Pittsburgh
Mar 17 Ga Southern

Mar 19-21 at Wake Forest
Mar 26-28 at Duke (DBAP)
Apr 2-4 Virginia
Apr 9-11 at Notre Dame
Apr 16-18 at Va Tech
Apr 23-25 Florida State
Apr 27 at UGA
April 30 - May 2 TBD (Final Exams)
May 7-9 Clemson
May 14-16 at Miami
May 18 UGA
May 20-22 North Carolina

This accounts for 42 games. Previous reports claimed the plan was for 50 games in 2021.

Only changes from previous version...
Added UGA
Moved at NC State
Moved at Va Tech

ACC teams yet to release schedules:
Notre Dame
NC State
Ga Tech
UNC
UVA
Va Tech

[Apologies for the bad info... but that's not stopping me, I guess. 😉 ]

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Keep on Keeping on! Appreciate you stab at all this mess.
I don't get the delay.
Why have others put their schedules out (over a week ago) and these others haven't, yet are named in those that have published already....