2020 Freshman Jersey Numbers (Includes a Single Digit)

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I am just talking about a package. would simply be a heavy package. Could also do it out of the power I. Rest of the offense would be the same. Every play i listed is still man blocked. Zone and stretch can also be run. You aren't digging and cutting its all power.

Yeah I realize. We certainly could and plenty of teams do zone and man run blocking both or at least a package as you discuss. It's still a different technique, although I imagine power run blocking to be a lot less technical. P-node doesn't do any man blocked plays in his O right? I guess I should check because I didn't think that was the case currently. People still have to practice it and learn how to identify their assignments. I'm not saying it is a bad idea, just that plenty of teams have been successfully not having that package (see: Clemson). There is merit to the risk of being jack of all trades, master of none.

YoungSting

Jolly Good Fellow
Wasn’t there talk that people had to earn lower numbers? I am in no way saying those guys haven’t earned it, I’m just curious as to what incoming freshman could have done to earn it.