2020 Atlanta Falcons News

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Fugly. The 4th one is the only good one. 1st looks exactly like UGA. 2 and 3 are just fugly.

Doesn’t really look like UGA at all? Black helmet, white over white. The entire set looks like Texas Tech. 90s throwback is the only one that looks like it belongs in the NFL. I do think the 70s-80s red helmet/red jersey look is objectively good, but glad they didn’t go to it because it does look exactly like UGA. Honestly a little surprised there’s not even a hint of gold to be found. I thought with ATL United incorporating some gold Blank would’ve wanted a little bit of it somewhere.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Doesn’t really look like UGA at all? Black helmet, white over white. The entire set looks like Texas Tech. 90s throwback is the only one that looks like it belongs in the NFL. I do think the 70s-80s red helmet/red jersey look is objectively good, but glad they didn’t go to it because it does look exactly like UGA. Honestly a little surprised there’s not even a hint of gold to be found. I thought with ATL United incorporating some gold Blank would’ve wanted a little bit of it somewhere.
Yeah I don’t see uGA either. I didn’t like them from the leak photos but the full release changed my mind. The mix and match is fire and monochrome combos are decent with white/white better than black/black. Gradient isn’t my favorite but it’s an alternate and won’t be worn much.
upload_2020-4-8_15-11-35.jpeg

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I don’t see uGA either. I didn’t like them from the leak photos but the full release changed my mind. The mix and match is fire and monochrome combos are decent with white/white better than black/black. Gradient isn’t my favorite but it’s an alternate and won’t be worn much. View attachment 8161
My two favorites are the second and last uniforms.

Milwaukee

Banned

Maybe I’m looking at it in a bad light, my phone looks like the pants are clearly silver britches. If they’re indeed white then they’re just fugly, but at least they won’t look like UGA.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Yeah I don’t see uGA either. I didn’t like them from the leak photos but the full release changed my mind. The mix and match is fire and monochrome combos are decent with white/white better than black/black. Gradient isn’t my favorite but it’s an alternate and won’t be worn much. View attachment 8161
I don’t mind monochromatic looks, but I hate when the socks are the same color as the pants. White socks under white pants don’t look too bad, but black socks under black pants look terrible, as does red under red. Matching the gradient red jersey with black pants and black socks make the whole uniform look like some kind of one piece unitard. I don’t hate the entire change, I just believe some small changes would bring it up to date.
  • Make the stripes on the pants the same triple stripe as the throwback pants. B/R/B on the white pants, R/W/R on the black pants, B/W/B on the red pants.
  • Don’t match sock/legging color with pants color, maybe add some stripes to those like the throwback ones as well.
  • Just shelve the gradient jerseys. There’s really no need to ever wear those. Reminiscent of when the Hawks unveiled their newest uniform template a couple of years ago with plans to mix/match the red and black elements. I think they wore a mismatched uni twice and they looked so bad they never came out again.
  • Reduce the size of the ATL font. It’s so big it overpowers every other element of the uniform.
I actually really like the new helmet. I think it looks great with the white jersey especially. I don’t think the set will be making any top uniform lists, but I think it’s good enough to stay out of the worst uniform lists too. I do think in 5 years when they’re eligible to change again they jump at the opportunity and go back to a more traditional look. But we’ll see