2020 ACC Baseball

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Mississippi State loses series to Oregon State and stays top 5?
Louisville Loses series to Ole Miss and stays top 10.
GT sweeps former Big 10 Champs Ohio State and doesn't make it into top 25? Would love to understand their algorithm....
I am guessing that was last week's rankings, not the new rankings....

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Everyone take a deep breath. We keep playing like last weekend and all will be fine.

D1 has us at #17 and Miami at#7. 6 ACC teams top 25 and 10 SEC teams. (@eokerholm had link above)

There is nothing in the world that works me up more than somebody telling me to calm down. Currently on my way to 11point7s village.

For real though it does matter. Perception is part of the narrative you sell to the committee to get seeds/host sites. Never know quite what they’re going to value from year to year (giving us a 3 seed last year for winning most of the series despite worse overall record/ranking than some teams behind us) but every little bit helps.

Sure this random outlet (that I literally never heard of before today) undervaluing us in Week 2 isn’t going to wreck our whole season, but it’s still worth complaining about on a message board.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Absolutely! Great quote. :ROFLMAO:

... but FWIW that "organization" has fewer Twitter followers than James Ramsey. I don't think they matter much. I never thought I'd use that metric to make a point... ever... but it's perfect for a message board.

Exactly, going to their site and talking about them validates them.

I agree the narrative matters. But I have maybe 1/3 of my life left ( if lucky) and don't want to spend it mad where I have no control. My wife thinks I waste it on GT baseball, but what that is relevant and eclectic to me.

There is nothing in the world that works me up more than somebody telling me to calm down. Currently on my way to 11point7s village.

For real though it does matter. Perception is part of the narrative you sell to the committee to get seeds/host sites. Never know quite what they’re going to value from year to year (giving us a 3 seed last year for winning most of the series despite worse overall record/ranking than some teams behind us) but every little bit helps.

Sure this random outlet (that I literally never heard of before today) undervaluing us in Week 2 isn’t going to wreck our whole season, but it’s still worth complaining about on a message board.

Sorry to work you up. But isn't that another purpose of a message board? Peace.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Weekend #3 involving ACC teams...

Two biggest series involving ACC teams:
Ga Tech v UGA (TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!)
Clemson v USC

The rest:
NC State v Iowa/Purdue/Minn
Louisville v W.Mich
Duke v Purdue/Minn/Iowa
Pitt v Lehigh/Cent Conn
Notre Dame v Presbyterian
Wake Forest v LaSalle
Va Tech v Bryant
UVA v Dartmouth
BC v NC A&T
FSU v Fla Atlantic
UNC v Minn/Iowa/Purdue
Miami v Towson

Interesting UNC, Duke, NC State all traveling to Minneapolis for the ACC/Big10 Challenge in round robin with Minn, Iowa, Purdue. Those 3 ACC teams are a combined 22-3 so far (NC State lone ACC unbeaten at 8-0). The Big10 may have bitten off more than they can chew this weekend.

Last edited:

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Weekend #3 involving ACC teams...

Two biggest series involving ACC teams:
Ga Tech v UGA (TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!!)
Clemson v USC

The rest:
NC State v Iowa/Purdue/Minn
Louisville v W.Mich
Duke v Purdue/Minn/Iowa
Pitt v Lehigh/Cent Conn
Notre Dame v Presbyterian
Wake Forest v LaSalle
Va Tech v Bryant
UVA v Dartmouth
BC v NC A&T
FSU v Fla Atlantic
UNC v Minn/Iowa/Purdue
Miami v Towson

Interesting UNC, Duke, NC State all traveling to Minneapolis for the ACC/Big10 Challenge in round robin with Minn, Iowa, Purdue. Those 3 ACC teams are a combined 22-3 so far (NC State lone ACC unbeaten at 8-0). The Big10 may have bitten off more than they can chew this weekend.

The ACC desperately needs OOC marquee wins after Florida took 3 from Miami. It's all about perception as well as RPI when it comes to seeding.

How about we take a series this weekend?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Bingo, Fred!
VT was rained out, plays Bryant in a DH today.
ACC ends the night at 11-4. You got it right!!