2019 Schedule Build

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I saw a projection / prediction (way early...obviously) from Perfect Game that had 4 of our opponents in Omaha: UCLA, UGA, Auburn, Louisville.

That's roughly 20% of the schedule.

Also... I suspect there will be 1 or 2 more midweek games added to that latest schedule posted in this thread.

Our SOS is going to be very high. Just need to win enough games for a very high RPI. That's all.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Amen! It's also been a long time since we won more than 15 conference games (>.500). Our weekend starters should be the key to eclipsing that.

You & @THWG are stoking my otherwise tempered expectations for the 2019 season.

You just need to read the D1 Baseball reviews for other teams. We are going to be good, but so are a lot of other teams. It will take a special season to get to the top 16. Getting to the top 4 (CWS) requires being good and lucky.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
A minor mystery to me....

Using rough recall... the first ACC teams published their schedules in September. The 13th ACC team to do so... was in late November. GA TECH has yet to "release" its schedule. Also... perhaps related, the GT Baseball website still shows the 2018 roster.

As a distant observer & a guy who wonders about some of the "sausage making" workings of a D1 baseball operation, why in these very specific respects is Tech late with this stuff? "Late" is in comparison to other P5/D1/ACC teams.

NW GA JACKET

Jolly Good Fellow
No explanation. What is the reasoning behind it? I would be posting some kind of news weekly, just to try and build some excitement. 6 weeks away and still not released. I don’t get it

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
A minor mystery to me....

Using rough recall... the first ACC teams published their schedules in September. The 13th ACC team to do so... was in late November. GA TECH has yet to "release" its schedule. Also... perhaps related, the GT Baseball website still shows the 2018 roster.

As a distant observer & a guy who wonders about some of the "sausage making" workings of a D1 baseball operation, why in these very specific respects is Tech late with this stuff? "Late" is in comparison to other P5/D1/ACC teams.

No explanation. What is the reasoning behind it? I would be posting some kind of news weekly, just to try and build some excitement. 6 weeks away and still not released. I don’t get it

No mystery. GT baseball publicity sucks and very few care.

senoiajacket

Helluva Engineer
So how do you get in touch with stansbury again? Went to ramblinwreck.com looking for an email, but none to be found. There was a phone # ........

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
HAPPY NEW YEAR, baseball forum gang!

Here's to a great year for all of you & who/what is important to you. ...while I'm at it, we can add something less important to the list...

Here's to a great 2019 baseball season for the Jackets. Each new season brings opportunity to "be better" so....to being BETTER!

Peace & TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
HAPPY NEW YEAR, baseball forum gang!

Here's to a great year for all of you & who/what is important to you. ...while I'm at it, we can add something less important to the list...

Here's to a great 2019 baseball season for the Jackets. Each new season brings opportunity to "be better" so....to being BETTER!

Peace & TO HELL WITH GEORGIA!

Likewise. Happy New Year. I was just coming over here to post the same.

I'd like at least to make it to the super regionals this year. That would be a great year. Getting beyond supers requires both enough skill and enough luck. There is so much parity in college baseball now.