2019 NBA Mock Draft

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
Im seeing an nba “insider” tonight (he’s an old college buddy whose hoop knowledge has carried him a lot farther than mine!). I’ll see what he says about Josh and Ben. Last time I talked to him he said he thought Ben was second round or I drafted but could get a bench spot if the right team snags him. Doubt that has changed much but Josh may be moving up

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I'll be fascinated to see if Ben holds on to that level of interest. He has been hurt this year and in that hasn't looked like he has NBA level athleticism. Would be great if they see through the injury but that is a lot of work for a scout. Personally I expect he plays a year or two overseas for the experience and then goes on to a nice long career as an ME

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll be fascinated to see if Ben holds on to that level of interest. He has been hurt this year and in that hasn't looked like he has NBA level athleticism. Would be great if they see through the injury but that is a lot of work for a scout. Personally I expect he plays a year or two overseas for the experience and then goes on to a nice long career as an ME

I think you’re right about Ben. I like Ben but the bald-headed truth is that he has an engineer’s brain as well as an engineer’s athleticism too. There’re worse things hecould be than an engineer of course, and I suspect since December, thatwhere his future lies. (Question: Has Ben ever REALLY expressed interest in playing in the league?)

As for JO, ironically he might end up benefiting greatly as a result of Jose’s unfortunate injury. From everything I’ve seen, Josh is on the bubble between the 2018 NBA Draft 1st Round and it’s 2nd Round. 1st Round is guaranteed ( 3 years) contract money. 2nd Round is not guaranteed money. Also, once a player declares for draft and the April 29 deadline passes, said player cannot return to college for any remaining eligibility even if he goes undrafted. All that said JO may be more inclined to leave college if his 1st Round status is higher and more certain. Hell, I couldn’t blame him. While he is not a ‘natural’ or an NBA PG, he didn’t do badly at all running the point against Duke in the second half. He’ll do through the end of the season. We only had 10 turnovers the whole game, only one more than CJP’s target max of 9 per game. I suspect that he’ll mostly play the point now that Jose is gone for the season. I THINK JO playing the point may help better trigger his offensive game, getting him to the lane, the rim——and to the line ——more than if he doesn’t play the point. That will net him even better performances and more notice to NBA Scouts even if he is on a struggling team. My theory anyway. I right now, if I were a betting man, I’d bet JO bolts for the NBA and declares for the draft at season’s end.

H-Wade

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you’re right about Ben. I like Ben but the bald-headed truth is that he has an engineer’s brain as well as an engineer’s athleticism too. There’re worse things hecould be than an engineer of course, and I suspect since December, thatwhere his future lies. (Question: Has Ben ever REALLY expressed interest in playing in the league?)

As for JO, ironically he might end up benefiting greatly as a result of Jose’s unfortunate injury. From everything I’ve seen, Josh is on the bubble between the 2018 NBA Draft 1st Round and it’s 2nd Round. 1st Round is guaranteed ( 3 years) contract money. 2nd Round is not guaranteed money. Also, once a player declares for draft and the April 29 deadline passes, said player cannot return to college for any remaining eligibility even if he goes undrafted. All that said JO may be more inclined to leave college if his 1st Round status is higher and more certain. Hell, I couldn’t blame him. While he is not a ‘natural’ or an NBA PG, he didn’t do badly at all running the point against Duke in the second half. He’ll do through the end of the season. We only had 10 turnovers the whole game, only one more than CJP’s target max of 9 per game. I suspect that he’ll mostly play the point now that Jose is gone for the season. I THINK JO playing the point may help better trigger his offensive game, getting him to the lane, the rim——and to the line ——more than if he doesn’t play the point. That will net him even better performances and more notice to NBA Scouts even if he is on a struggling team. My theory anyway. I right now, if I were a betting man, I’d bet JO bolts for the NBA and declares for the draft at season’s end.

He is projected late first round in the 2019 draft, not 2018. I don't see any sites that have him listed as a 1st rounder this year, and it's hard to find any where he's in the 2nd round. Theoretically he could go off the rest of the year playing PG and shoot up the draft boards, but I hope that you're wrong on this one! I think we have him one more year.

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
He is projected late first round in the 2019 draft, not 2018. I don't see any sites that have him listed as a 1st rounder this year, and it's hard to find any where he's in the 2nd round. Theoretically he could go off the rest of the year playing PG and shoot up the draft boards, but I hope that you're wrong on this one! I think we have him one more year.
The ‘stuff’ I see on Josh O says ‘18 or ‘19. Examplehttp://www.nbadraftroom.com/p/josh-okogie.html

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'm not worried about him leaving at all this year.
That Draftroom is the only spot i've seen him as even a 2nd round pick this year. He still has plenty to work on. It's also to his advantage that he is a FR age wise (he turned 19 before the season started and is younger than both Jose and Curtis)

I've seen a couple of 1st and 2nd round picks in 2019.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
No big surprises. My buddy says Lammers won’t get picked but could try G league and has tools a team might like. Lack of athleticism and no offense were biggest drawbacks

He doesn’t believe josh would go first round this year and should stay. Believes he must improve handle (especially left hand), on ball D and jumper He thinks he is likely a late first round or early second round pick in 19 or 20 if he continues to improve

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
No big surprises. My buddy says Lammers won’t get picked but could try G league and has tools a team might like. Lack of athleticism and no offense were biggest drawbacks

He doesn’t believe josh would go first round this year and should stay. Believes he must improve handle (especially left hand), on ball D and jumper He thinks he is likely a late first round or early second round pick in 19 or 20 if he continues to improve
Kinda the two most important things for a NBA player lol. Too bad he has a clemson board game degree...oh wait

If he doesnt make the league I say he goes and plays in Dubai or somewhere exotic and be in engineer paradise

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I wonder if we continue to play the rest of the season like we did the second half vs Duke which was push tempo and give JO the green light if he will atleast declare and get feed back?He has a chance the last 7 games to put up gaudy numbers. Now in no way I’m saying he’s nba ready but I’ve seen a lot worse throw there names in. The good thing about the new rule is he can test the process and return without an agent.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
My expectation is JO comes back for one more year, unless he's struggling in the classroom... I have no idea what kind of student he is. If he's handling the academics, I could see him staying one more year and possibly being a mid 1st rounder or late lottery pick in the following years draft. I hope we have JO to match with our incoming freshmen, Alvarado, and the slew of guards we're going to have.

GT1988

Jolly Good Fellow
My expectation is JO comes back for one more year, unless he's struggling in the classroom... I have no idea what kind of student he is. If he's handling the academics, I could see him staying one more year and possibly being a mid 1st rounder or late lottery pick in the following years draft. I hope we have JO to match with our incoming freshmen, Alvarado, and the slew of guards we're going to have.

Regarding the classroom part, JO got academic all ACC last year. Appears he is a good student.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
JO is the type of prospect best suited to declare for the draft without retaining an agent and see how things go with individual workouts. I think if he doesn't declare it will be about his personal values in education and our team.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
JO is the type of prospect best suited to declare for the draft without retaining an agent and see how things go with individual workouts. I think if he doesn't declare it will be about his personal values in education and our team.

That's my thinking as well.

I concur with everything Michael Strahan's guy said about JoshnKobe but I can see a team falling in love with him in the workout environment. He has good measurable and is a gamer. Doubtful, if pit against a similar prospect, he gets his doors blowed (yeah, 'blowed') off.

Regardless, the process could/should be helpful to him even if he comes back.

GT_EE78

Banned
Obviously it's early but JO is projected in the 1st round at 26th overall.
NBAdraft.net just updated on 2/14 they have Okogee at #83 for 2018 and #39 for 2019. His best case for this year is probably a G league contract. Not surprised if next year he does workouts without an agent. I'm not going to complain if he wants to stay 4yrs.