2019/20 CFB Season Talk

Milwaukee

Banned
Whoa, apparently Houston's starting QB is planning on redshirting the rest of the season.

His statement says he's not leaving. His dad says he is indeed leaving.

Totally weird timing.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.si...09/23/deriq-king-redshirting-transfer-houston

I don’t think the article mentioned it but guess who is going to be the new starter?

Logan Holgersen, yep, the coaches son. And players aren’t happy about how this whole thing is unfolding. Apparently there’s a mutiny going on and lots of players are upset and trying to leave. King being the first to take action. Very weird reports coming out of Houston right now.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here's this week's FCS Top 25

1) North Dakota State 4-0
2) James Madison 3-1
3) South Dakota State 3-1
4) UC Davis 2-2
5) Weber State 1-2
6) Kennesaw State 3-1
7) Montana State 3-1
8) Villanova 4-0
9) Northern Iowa 2-1
10) Towson 3-1
11) Jacksonville State 3-1
12) Nicholls 2-1
12) Maine 2-2
14) Illinois State 3-1
15) Central Arkansas 3-1
16) Furman 2-2
17) North Carolina A&T 2-1
18) Montana 3-1
19) Southeastern Louisiana 2-1
20) Delaware 3-1
21) Eastern Washington 1-3
22) Youngstown State 3-0
23) Southeast Missouri State 2-2
24) Elon 2-2
25) Citadel 2-2

https://www.ncaa.com/rankings/football/fcs/stats-fcs-top-25

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I don’t think the article mentioned it but guess who is going to be the new starter?

Logan Holgersen, yep, the coaches son. And players aren’t happy about how this whole thing is unfolding. Apparently there’s a mutiny going on and lots of players are upset and trying to leave. King being the first to take action. Very weird reports coming out of Houston right now.

Whoaaa, this changes everything. Do we have another B*** L**** situation going on in Houston?

If they were going to make a change at QB, effectively blaming their poor start on King, and go to the coach's son to replace him ... that would actually explain the weird departure as well as the timing. It would also explain the rumors of multiple players looking to leave.

@ibeattetris , it is with much regret that I take back my 'like' of your post. Although I agree with you in general, these circumstances make the Houston situation a bit more layered than just a kid taking his ball and going home.

Milwaukee

Banned
Whoaaa, this changes everything. Do we have another B*** L**** situation going on in Houston?

If they were going to make a change at QB, effectively blaming their poor start on King, and go to the coach's son to replace him ... that would actually explain the weird departure as well as the timing. It would also explain the rumors of multiple players looking to leave.

@ibeattetris , it is with much regret that I take back my 'like' of your post. Although I agree with you in general, these circumstances make the Houston situation a bit more layered than just a kid taking his ball and going home.

King is headed to Oklahoma to replace Hurts. His Dad kinda hinted to it. King is a baller.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
King is headed to Oklahoma to replace Hurts. His Dad kinda hinted to it. King is a baller.

Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. However, OK has a supposed stud Fr QB right now. At some point he's gonna get his chance or he'll end up in the mythical transfer portal, no?

I guess that's a good problem to have. Lots of places just need 1 guy. Friggin Oklahoma's basically turning dudes away.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer

A lot of context has come to light since the initial tweet. It’ll be interesting to see how it all plays out.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Tennessee is doing so poorly that they're discounting their home game tickets:rolleyes:

UGAG game tickets 10% off for the south upper sections in Neyland Stadium with no fees

Mississippi State game 20& off select inventory upper and lower sections of Neyland Stadium with no fees

South Carolina game 16% off family pack 4 tickets with hot dogs and 20 ounce drinks

UAB game 25% off of select inventory upper and lower level seats with no fees

Vanderbilt game 20% off select inventory of upper and lower level seats with no fees

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
https://www.latimes.com/sports/high...ct-top-southern-california-football-prospects

Considering recent topic regarding GT and keeping talent in state/in ATL, I thought this was a very interesting read. Even more blue blood programs like USC are struggling to adapt.

Five of the top 50 and 17 of the top 250 national prospects, per the 247Sports composite rankings, reside in Southern California. None are committed to USC or UCLA. Of the top 20 senior Southland players who have announced a commitment, only one is set to become a Trojan.