2018 - where have all the upsets gone??

grandpa jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Regardless of what happens the rest of the way, I would prefer that Bammer win out. The only loss I would wish on them is to Clem's Son on the final.

And it ain't 'cause I'm any fan of that program; 2nd & 26 was way too close to a hell-on-earth existence that none of us want to experience again.
I agree, especially if we lose to UGAG, 2 losses will keep them away from the cfb playoff

CTJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We need this to happen -
LOLville wakes up and crushes UK
F$U bites the Gators
Clem's son TCOB vs USCleast
Tech beats the dwags by three TDs

So much chaos, so much fun! (except the Tiggers, keep them rolling for the year).

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think we have the CFP to thank for that. Kids want to go to playoff teams.

Bama has been to 4.
Clemson 3.
Oklahoma and Ohio St 2.

That's 9 of 16 spots in 4 years represented by 4 schools. Bama and Clemson are already penciled in again this year.

Correction: 11 of 16
Yes, and I think this is a great argument for expanding the playoffs to at least 8 teams; I'd rather see 12. There is no reason why the NCAA shouldn't do this. All you would have to do is tie-in the playoff games with existing bowl games and let the good times roll. I understand the argument that this would be too much wear and tear on the players and I sympathize with that view, but the initial break is already pretty long and an extra week off (assuming 8 teams) for the winners should be ok. The NFL might complain a little, but that could be worked out. I guess.

Pretty soon the almighty tv audience will get bored seeing the same faces in the 4 team playoff. When the ratings drop, look for 8 teams.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think there is less parity than I’ve seen in a long time. 5-6 really good teams. 30-50 decent teams. Then blah.

It was that way in the 60s and 70s. Alabama, Oklahoma, Ohio State, USC, and Nebraska were pretty much royalty and everyone else including some pretty big names were also rans. Tennessee had some exceptional teams in the last 60s and early 70s but just had a miserable time getting by Alabama. Texas was really good and won a national championship in 1969 but just got chewed up by the Oklahoma wishbone. Florida and UGA has some really good teams in those years but always managed to mess up. One of the absolute best Georgia teams was the SEC champs of 1968. They killed us in Athens that year by 40 plus points and then went to the Sugar Bowl and played a decidedly inferior Arkansas team who ran them right out of the stadium. It happens.