2018 Season to Date

And I have never seen more bi***ing, whining and moaning from a fan base than I'm seeing from Tech's fan base after one game. From supposed shortcomings on and off the field. some of you need to reevaluate where you stand. Griping about uniform numbers, what is gold, start times, lack of QB play, lack of WR play, lack of O line play on and on and on and on. JFC the team is 1-0 and all some of you can do is b**ch. If I were looking for a team to cheer for and I logged in here and saw the comments for Tech "fans" I would be so turned off that I would keep looking. Some of you are effing unbelievable!
Complaining and voicing your opinion is what sports is really about. The people who are not complaining are the ones that maybe don't see the problems of our football team. Everyone here loves this team. We all want them to look at good at every aspect of the game. Unfortunately , this team isn't very good right now. That came from the coaches mouth.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
How you become the "enemy"? You flatter yourself but if you want a clue go back and read your post above and your posts since Saturday. Your focus has been solely on how "bad" TM and the team played. You have tore down the starting QB and trashed those around him. Guess what, that doesn't set well with folks. No one is selling the team is clicking on all cylinders and running at a 100% level but like I said to you before the sky ain't falling. PJ has said on more than one occasion that TQM can make all the throws and he has shown he can. Did he have a great throwing day Saturday? No but he had a lot better day that a lot of other QBs. You need to learn to be critical without coming across as an a**hole. In my career I had to evaluate staff critically and did my best to do it honestly and without bias, when you learn to do that you'll look back and see that what you think is you being objective is you trying to show how smart you are. When you come across as thinking you know more than the coaches who live and die with every decision it tends to annoy folks.

Pretty sure coach agreed my analysis of the offense on Saturday there chief.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Oh I'm sure you are chief, you probably ought to be a D1 HC or OC.

Nope. Nowhere near qualified. Did you see CPJ’s presser?

I am smart enough to be concerned with the passing when CPJ decides he wants run the same passing concept to the same side of the field repeatedly in the second half first drive. He did that for a reason and it wasn’t because it was the most effective play.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I don’t see how agreeing with coach comes across as knowing more than the coaches that live and die with the teams. Get it?

You just can't or won't see how your crappy attitude comes through in your posts. I can't help you with that. As I said you need to learn how criticize without it coming across as a know it all and/or a personal attack. Do you proofread out loud your posts before you hit enter? Does they ever sound hyper critical and smart a** to you if and when you do so? You may not intend they comes across that way or you may, I don't know but trust me, they do.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
You just can't or won't see how your crappy attitude comes through in your posts. I can't help you with that. As I said you need to learn how criticize without it coming across as a know it all and/or a personal attack. Do you proofread out loud your posts before you hit enter? Does they ever sound hyper critical and smart a** to you if and when you do so? You may not intend they comes across that way or you may, I don't know but trust me, they do.

You’ve dodged my question and continued personal attacks. I’ll take your opinion into consideration but you’re not exactly acting like a saint in your posts either.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
You’ve dodged my question and continued personal attacks. I’ll take your opinion into consideration but you’re not exactly acting like a saint in your posts either.

Forgive me, agreeing with coaches doesn't come across as knowing more than them it's what the multiple posts of your that dog the players and what they did on the field Saturday.

Personal attacks? Please I haven't called you any derogatory names, I have simply brought to the forefront you may not be aware of how your posts come across and you have your panties in a wad. I'm sorry honesty hurts your feelings.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Forgive me, agreeing with coaches doesn't come across as knowing more than them it's what the multiple posts of your that dog the players and what they did on the field Saturday.

Personal attacks? Please I haven't called you any derogatory names, I have simply brought to the forefront you may not be aware of how your posts come across and you have your panties in a wad. I'm sorry honesty hurts your feelings.

You literally just called me a smart*** in your post above. That’s a derogatory name.

I’m over it. Just realize you’re not exactly a diplomat yourself. But as I said - I will take your opinion into consideration.

Deleted member 2897

You literally just called me a smart*** in your post above. That’s a derogatory name.

I’m over it. Just realize you’re not exactly a diplomat yourself. But as I said - I will take your opinion into consideration.

Just please slow down and think for awhile. You don’t have to admit guilt, or that you’re wrong, or anything. Just think about the type of material the players and parents are going to be reading. They put in 50 hours a week on football and still have to make grades at Tech. They are human beings who aren’t perfect, and neither are we. They get nervous and don’t sleep before the games, they make the wrong reads when someone lines up and right at he snap they run a crossing stunt with someone else. They drop balls. It’s part of the game.

Personally, I’m hoping for 14 more ugly wins just like this one.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Clouding your derogatory attacks in questions is as transparent as glass.

Whatever, you're not worth the time or effort if you're not willing to learn. Known a lot of folks just like you in my life and I'm going to do with you what I've done with them. So have a nice day, I'm sure your such a ray of sunshine to those around you.

Deleted member 2897

I don’t see how agreeing with coach comes across as knowing more than the coaches that live and die with the teams. Get it?

Because he is the coach and you and I are not. *Its not our job.* We are the fans, we have a different job.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
Just please slow down and think for awhile. You don’t have to admit guilt, or that you’re wrong, or anything. Just think about the type of material the players and parents are going to be reading. They put in 50 hours a week on football and still have to make grades at Tech. They are human beings who aren’t perfect, and neither are we. They get nervous and don’t sleep before the games, they make the wrong reads when someone lines up and right at he snap they run a crossing stunt with someone else. They drop balls. It’s part of the game.

Personally, I’m hoping for 14 more ugly wins just like this one.

You’re right. I’ll try not to be so critical of players themselves. From rewatching the game, there were certainly more team mistakes than I originally thought. I was overly critical of TM. Mea culpa.

I appreciate the feedback. This may seem facetious but don’t get me wrong - I’m being sincere.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
There is a difference, in my view, in objective criticism and unfounded emotional outrage. I think we get caught up in the “win” mindset sometimes and the two get intermingled.

I think criticism such as TM won’t be an effective passer until he steps toward his target, throws with proper arm angles and follows through is a legit comment. On the other hand saying TM sucks and we won’t ever be any good with him at QB is emotional.

On the other hand I’m not one to accept sloppy game play and that mindset is good. CPJ said it himself when he stated that he knows we won and we shut the other team down but it looked sloppy to him. He said that they can’t play like that as the year goes on and expect to win. He said he guesses he is a perfectionist (my words). My mindset is the same. We won’t win going forward if we play like we did yesterday. Knowing/thinking that does not allow me to cheer as if we are ready for Clemson, so critical comments are correct comments when put in the form of educational observations.

I’ve never coached, wish I could for sure, but I don’t think a coach or a fan for that matter can support improper play silently. The proper critic at the proper time is useful and necessary.

Frenchise

Ramblin' Wreck
There is a difference, in my view, in objective criticism and unfounded emotional outrage. I think we get caught up in the “win” mindset sometimes and the two get intermingled.

I think criticism such as TM won’t be an effective passer until he steps toward his target, throws with proper arm angles and follows through is a legit comment. On the other hand saying TM sucks and we won’t ever be any good with him at QB is emotional.

On the other hand I’m not one to accept sloppy game play and that mindset is good. CPJ said it himself when he stated that he knows we won and we shut the other team down but it looked sloppy to him. He said that they can’t play like that as the year goes on and expect to win. He said he guesses he is a perfectionist (my words). My mindset is the same. We won’t win going forward if we play like we did yesterday. Knowing/thinking that does not allow me to cheer as if we are ready for Clemson, so critical comments are correct comments when put in the form of educational observations.

I’ve never coached, wish I could for sure, but I don’t think a coach or a fan for that matter can support improper play silently. The proper critic at the proper time is useful and necessary.

I hope I’ve never come across as saying TM sucks or we can’t win with him. That’s not my intention. I’ll cop to saying TM sucked in one area of a game(perhaps even unfairly) but I’m never going to write him off. He tries hard, makes plays, and doesn’t quit. I’ll never write someone that does those things off, and if I do write someone off I typically don’t bring them up at all.

I agree with everything you’ve said.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope I’ve never come across as saying TM sucks or we can’t win with him. That’s not my intention. I’ll cop to saying TM sucked in one area of a game(perhaps even unfairly) but I’m never going to write him off.

I agree with everything you’ve said.

I was talking more generally about the topic, not jumping on anything you said. I’ve been there. Some of the Ga games have left me enraged at certain players and I have had emotional outburst. In the end they are playing and I’m not. All of them would juke my jock off. As a true fan I hate to lose, emotion comes from that. As an old fart I’ve come to realize that speaking calmly as you tell them they screwed up is more effective. ( well ok maybe I don’t always do that but it’s the concept I’m preaching )