2018 Off Season Thread

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
The SEC paid an average of around 41 million to each school in the SEC

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...erage-41-million-each-school-2017/1087235001/

The document also provided a window on the compensation of referees who work top-level men's basketball games. Among the SEC's most highly compensated independent contractors in 2017 were Tony Greene at $139,000 and Antinio Petty at $134,550. Conference spokesman Herb Vincent said those payments are based on per-game fees from which the officials pay their own travel expenses. Vincent said that while Greene and Petty are listed on the SEC document, they do not work exclusively for the SEC.

Interesting....I haven't checked this out for the ACC, but it seems the SEC does pay off the refs.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The document also provided a window on the compensation of referees who work top-level men's basketball games. Among the SEC's most highly compensated independent contractors in 2017 were Tony Greene at $139,000 and Antinio Petty at $134,550. Conference spokesman Herb Vincent said those payments are based on per-game fees from which the officials pay their own travel expenses. Vincent said that while Greene and Petty are listed on the SEC document, they do not work exclusively for the SEC.

Interesting....I haven't checked this out for the ACC, but it seems the SEC does pay off the refs.
(y)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Miami QB Evan Shirreffs is appealing the restrictions Mark Richt has put on his graduate transfer. Mark Richt wont allow him to transfer to an ACC team or a team that Miami plays in an out of conference game. Richt should allow him to transfer anywhere he wants to go. I hope Evan Sherriffs transfers to Tennessee.

Last edited: